Author Topic: Chicago-Area Leaders: Cancel U.S. History Classes  (Read 1256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago-Area Leaders: Cancel U.S. History Classes
« on: August 03, 2020, 08:51:06 pm »
Dr. Susan Berry 3 Aug 2020

Chicago-area leaders led by State Rep. La Shawn K. Ford (D) urged the Illinois Board of Education to end U.S. history classes in the state’s public schools until a curriculum that, in their view, is not “racist” can be created.

“When it comes to teaching history in Illinois, we need to end the miseducation of Illinoisans,” Ford said at a press conference Sunday in the suburb of Evanston, according to NBC5 News.

Ford is sponsoring a bill (House Bill 4954), which says that “the teaching of the history of the United States shall include the study of the American civil rights renaissance, that period of time from 1954 to 1965 called the Movement.”

He said during the press conference:

I’m calling on the Illinois State Board of Education and local school districts to take immediate action by removing current history books and curriculum practices that unfairly communicate our history. Until a suitable alternative is developed, we should instead devote greater attention toward civics and ensuring students understand our democratic processes and how they can be involved. I’m also alarmed that people continue to display symbols of hate, such as the recent display of the Confederate flag in Evanston.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/03/chicago-area-leaders-cancel-u-s-history-classes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: Chicago-Area Leaders: Cancel U.S. History Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:57:28 pm »
 :3:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 08:50:51 am »
Chicago-area leaders led by State Rep. La Shawn K. Ford (D) urged the Illinois Board of Education to end U.S. history classes in the state’s public schools until a curriculum that, in their view, is not “racist” can be created.

Does that mean no more "Black History Month"?

**nononono*

I didn't think so.

All I can say, is teach the truth, warts and all. That shows the progress that has been made toward all being equal, in the eyes of the law, and with equal rights.

Not equal outcomes, everyone has to work for that part.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 07:05:59 pm »
From the history text books I have seen here, they are not teaching real history anyway.....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:14:33 pm »
From the history text books I have seen here, they are not teaching real history anyway.....

The only acceptable history must follow The 1619 Project developed by The New York Times Magazine and other progressively woken tokens.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 07:20:42 pm »
I wasn't aware anybody was teaching American History anymore.  They've been throttling that back since I was a kid in the 70's.  I suppose the release of A Peoples History of the US by Howard Zinn led to a return to it, but it's not a good thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 07:51:44 pm »
My grandson here in central Il had American History [a requirement] last year, his Junior year and I must say it was very thorough and had a great teacher.

Il requirements to graduate from HS are American History, US Constitution and Il Constitution...which my grandson has completed...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 01:16:34 pm »
180 degrees exactly backwards.

We need even more civics and history lessons to educate those who do not know them, including a lot of adults apparently.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 01:17:05 pm »
180 degrees exactly backwards.

We need even more civics and history lessons to educate those who do not know them, including a lot of adults apparently.
Yep!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2020, 04:14:50 pm »
My grandson here in central Il had American History [a requirement] last year, his Junior year and I must say it was very thorough and had a great teacher.

Il requirements to graduate from HS are American History, US Constitution and Il Constitution...which my grandson has completed...

A public or parochial/private school? All the approved state supplied "history" books are anti-American piles of crap.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2020, 04:42:43 pm »
Great idea!  Slavery never happened....