Author Topic: Melania Trump To Oversee 'Renewal' Of White House Rose Garden  (Read 384 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Melania Trump To Oversee 'Renewal' Of White House Rose Garden
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:12:24 pm »
Melania Trump To Oversee 'Renewal' Of White House Rose Garden

There are many rose gardens, but in Washington, D.C., at least, there is only one capital-R capital-G Rose Garden.

"It's one of the few spaces at the White House that I think most Americans know, both by name and by sight," says Stewart McLaurin, president of the White House Historical Association."You say 'the Rose Garden at the White House,' and it brings back presidential daughter's weddings and state dinners."

The Trump administration announced that it is undertaking a "significant renewal" of the Rose Garden, just outside of the West Wing of the White House.

The work is being funded by private donations and is expected to be completed later this summer. The project is being overseen by First Lady Melania Trump, much as one of her predecessors, Jackie Kennedy, helped design the garden as it exists today.

"The very act of planting a garden involves hard work and hope in the possibility of a bright future," Melania Trump said in announcing the work...........

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/02/897380040/melania-trump-to-oversee-renewal-of-white-house-rose-garden
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

Re: Melania Trump To Oversee 'Renewal' Of White House Rose Garden
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:59:10 pm »
I'm sure whatever improvements Mrs. Trump makes will be splendid.  She has good taste unlike her predecessor.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 09:05:40 pm »
I'm sure whatever improvements Mrs. Trump makes will be splendid.  She has good taste unlike her predecessor.

888high58888  I'm anxious to see pictures of the new rose garden when it's finished.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 09:25:03 pm »
888high58888  I'm anxious to see pictures of the new rose garden when it's finished.

Same here.  I'll bet the garden will be exquisite.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 10:48:34 pm »
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.