Author Topic: Rubio Says Congress ‘Certainly Closer’ To PPP Extension Than Stimulus Deal  (Read 598 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rubio Says Congress ‘Certainly Closer’ To PPP Extension Than Stimulus Deal

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), the chair of the Senate Small Business Committee, told the Wall Street Journal Sunday that Democrats and Republicans are “certainly closer” to a deal on extending the Paycheck Protection Program than on a broader stimulus bill.

..............The first iteration of the PPP, a $670 billion business-rescue program spearheaded by Rubio, passed in March, the largest and most expensive program of its kind in history. But the program was met with criticism ranging from overly-brief and rigid spending requirements to too many loans to large and well-connected corporations to not enough funding to serve its intended purpose. Still, it is widely seen as having kept the economy afloat and unemployment numbers from sinking even lower than their already-historic nadir during the pandemic...................

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/08/02/rubio-says-congress-certainly-closer-to-ppp-extension-than-stimulus-deal/#20f8be3e5ba2
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LegalAmerican

I loathe that little piece of crap..RINO.