Author Topic: Hope for Humanity Found as Scientists Reckon Future Yellowstone Eruptions Likely to be Much Weaker T  (Read 477 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hope for Humanity Found as Scientists Reckon Future Yellowstone Eruptions Likely to be Much Weaker Than in Ages Past

.........A recent geological analysis conducted surrounding the super-volcano’s past eruptions demonstrate a slowing down and a weakening of the volcanic force that draws millions of tourists to Yellowstone National Park every year.

The analysis was described as “exhaustive,” by Dr. Trevor Nace who holds a Ph.D. in geology and climate from Duke University, who traveled thousands of miles conducting isotope dating and collecting magnetic data and chemical sampling on the states surrounding this Yellowstone hotspot.

The data showed that the two most significant eruption events occurred around 9 million and 8.7 million years ago—a short amount of time between each other geologically-speaking. The earliest is considered one of the 5 largest volcanic eruptions in earth’s history, and “sterilized” much of Idaho, Nevada, Wyoming, Colorado, and Montana with white-hot volcanic glass before spreading to affect more than 9,000 square miles (23,000 square kilometers) of the United States.

300,000 years later, another eruption — albeit smaller, battered the midwest once again, after which the giant boiler room of the North American continent began to fall to a simmer, erupting only twice in the last 3 million years, and increasing by three-fold, the time span between regular eruption events...............

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/scientists-think-future-yellowstone-eruptions-likely-to-be-much-weaker/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So for anyone who has "Yellowstone supervolcano eruption" on your 2020 Clusterbuck Bingo card, your odds took a hit.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So for anyone who has "Yellowstone supervolcano eruption" on your 2020 Clusterbuck Bingo card, your odds took a hit.

Thanks for your insight.   *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Obviously this is due to global warming.
The Republic is lost.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Thanks for your insight.   *****rollingeyes*****
You're welcome. It's good news. Might as well treat it with a little humor.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024