Author Topic: Meadows: 'I'm not optimistic there will be a solution in the very near term' on coronavirus package  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meadows: 'I'm not optimistic there will be a solution in the very near term' on coronavirus package
By Zack Budryk - 08/02/20 11:04 AM EDT

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Sunday that he is “not optimistic there will be a solution in the very near term” on negotiations on another coronavirus relief package.

Asked about Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) saying some progress had been made, Meadows responded: “I would characterize it that way, but we still have a long ways to go.”

“Yesterday was a step in the right direction, [but] I’m not optimistic there will be a solution in the very near term,” Meadows said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

Meadows also cast Democratic lawmakers as the reason for the impasse.

“If you have unemployed people that have lost their enhanced unemployment they need to call their democrat senators and House members, because they’re the ones standing in the way,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/510183-meadows-im-not-optimistic-there-will-be-a-solution-in-the-very
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34