Poll

In which Decade did you feel the most Content?

Prior to the 60's
5 (16.7%)
Between the 60's and the 70's
12 (40%)
80's and 90's
8 (26.7%)
Anything prior to 2020
3 (10%)
What's this content $hit you speak of?
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 25, 2020, 12:39:31 am

Author Topic: In which Decade did you feel the most Content?  (Read 4532 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: In which Decade did you feel the most Content?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2020, 06:22:00 pm »
80s. I was in college and grad school. I felt safe under Reagan. And I liked the music.

After 2001 it was all downhill, I started to think I’m in some kind of panopticon Since September 2001.

The only good thing about this millennium is I met my soul mate, and the suckiest thing is I lost him last year. It’s been really sh***ty since last May, and I don’t think it will get better until Covid goes away.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2020, 10:56:32 pm »
70s and early 80s for me.  Paid for my university education, had great experiences, fell in love and got married, and had my first child.  I was living my dream, working hard and enjoying my family.

But all those good memories went to hell in a basket.  When you are married to someone that has mental issues, and they refuse to see the problem, it is amazing how quickly everything fall apart.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2020, 10:59:18 pm »
70s and early 80s for me.  Paid for my university education, had great experiences, fell in love and got married, and had my first child.  I was living my dream, working hard and enjoying my family.

But all those good memories went to hell in a basket.  When you are married to someone that has mental issues, and they refuse to see the problem, it is amazing how quickly everything fall apart.

So sorry!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2020, 12:06:33 am »

But all those good memories went to hell in a basket. When you are married to someone that has mental issues, and they refuse to see the problem, it is amazing how quickly everything fall apart.

@jafo2010

Yeah,I noticed that myself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 12:09:45 am »

Perhaps seek counseling; if she doesn't want to join in, perhaps at least get some help and advice on how to cope for your own mental health and piece of mind.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2020, 12:11:45 am »
   According to my ol lady Me not wanting to marry the cow, cause the milk was already free, was what drove her crazy. 
   I miss her, hope she gets out of rehab soon.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 12:12:33 am »
Perhaps seek counseling; if she doesn't want to join in, perhaps at least get some help and advice on how to cope for your own mental health and piece of mind.

@libertybele

Odd way to say "run for your life!",but I guess it all amounts to the same thing.

There really AIN'T no fixing crazy. It digs down to the bones.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 12:13:52 am »
Each decade had its pros & cons. Prefer to dwell on the pros, with the cons providing a bit of nostalgic comic relief.

I even like today, although the rats are effing everything up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 12:15:58 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 12:18:35 am »
   According to my ol lady Me not wanting to marry the cow, cause the milk was already free, was what drove her crazy. 
   I miss her, hope she gets out of rehab soon.

So ... when she gets out of rehab are you planning to put a ring on that finger?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2020, 12:30:38 am »
So ... when she gets out of rehab are you planning to put a ring on that finger?

Actually @libertybele though she blames me for everything right now, even her Ford being found on road dead (never worked on it), I would marry her, if she'd only pick herself up by the bootstraps (like I did so often in my life).
   I know she's a strong women and we connect on many levels, more than just sexually, she just lost her way after her parents and little sister died a couple of years ago and climbed into a bottle.  The Good Lord knows I tried to help her, yea I'll admit sleeping her meth head whore younger daughter(28yo) didn't help things but she really needs to overlook that $hit and concentrate on recovery right now.    :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2020, 12:44:55 am »
   Actually @libertybele though she blames me for everything right now, even her Ford being found on road dead (never worked on it), I would marry her, if she'd only pick herself up by the bootstraps (like I did so often in my life).
   I know she's a strong women and we connect on many levels, more than just sexually, she just lost her way after her parents and little sister died a couple of years ago and climbed into a bottle.  The Good Lord knows I tried to help her, yea I'll admit sleeping her meth head whore younger daughter(28yo) didn't help things but she really needs to overlook that $hit and concentrate on recovery right now.    :shrug:

...hmm.... some people don't handle tragedy well.  My nephew's wife lost her mother several years back and climbed into a bottle and still hasn't found her way out.  She has two kids by a previous marriage that she left behind and one from this marriage.  Very sad.

I sincerely hope your 'Ol Lady' recovers and things work out for you.  Prayers up.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 12:46:08 am by libertybele »

Online corbe

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2020, 12:52:12 am »
   Thank You @libertybele I hope for the best for her also, so far (2 months) the signs are not encouraging. 
   Hope eternal overflows though.

Online corbe

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2020, 03:03:20 am »
   It's certainly not lost on me that the main problem, currently, is:

David Bromberg and Jorma Kaukonen - Keep on Drinkin

Unlike her I'm not an angry drunk
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 03:05:01 am by corbe »