General Category > Space

Demo Crew Mission Return Live Thread!

<< < (6/7) > >>

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on August 02, 2020, 10:30:42 pm ---The previous splashdowns were in the pre-internet days, and yes they were televised by the big 3 networks.  Today with the internet just go to NASA or SpaceX online and watch it live.

--- End quote ---

I have NASA TV on my Fire Stick.  We watched it on streaming.  Proud of our SpaceX crew dragon and crew!

Applewood:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on August 02, 2020, 10:30:42 pm ---The previous splashdowns were in the pre-internet days, and yes they were televised by the big 3 networks.  Today with the internet just go to NASA or SpaceX online and watch it live.

--- End quote ---

Thank you.  I was aware that I can find these things online.  I just miss the old days when space launches, splashdowns and everything in between were all over the tv -- back when the media used to consider these missions important, when they had pride in these successful missions.  Now these are largely ignored. What the H happened to pride in the greatness of America?  Now all we get is whining. 

I'm being an old lady longing for the good old days.  Don't mind me. 

Elderberry:
I only watch local tv for maybe 30 minutes in the morning. For everything else I go online, except for ball games when I hafta.

Cyber Liberty:

--- Quote from: Applewood on August 02, 2020, 10:59:41 pm ---Thank you.  I was aware that I can find these things online.  I just miss the old days when space launches, splashdowns and everything in between were all over the tv -- back when the media used to consider these missions important, when they had pride in these successful missions.  Now these are largely ignored. What the H happened to pride in the greatness of America?  Now all we get is whining. 

I'm being an old lady longing for the good old days.  Don't mind me.

--- End quote ---

Hey, back then Walter Cronkite had the space gig, where he couldn't pollute his coverage with his hatred for America, as we later came to learn about old Walt.  I remember them, too.  I was in Elementary school, and the teacher would wheel in the big TV so the class could watch the launches and splashdowns.

Applewood:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on August 02, 2020, 11:30:27 pm ---Hey, back then Walter Cronkite had the space gig, where he couldn't pollute his coverage with his hatred for America, as we later came to learn about old Walt.  I remember them, too.  I was in Elementary school, and the teacher would wheel in the big TV so the class could watch the launches and splashdowns.

--- End quote ---

At home we watched ABC.  The network had a science editor -- Jules Bergman -- who would explain everything in layman's terms.  I liked that.

If we kids were in school during one of these missions, we would be herded into the auditorium to watch the coverage.  it was almost always CBS and Cronkite.  I used to get a kick out of him.  He would have these tiny models he used as props to explain what was going on.  Well,  at least that was the stated purpose of the models.  Sometimes I think Cronkite just loved to play with these models like a little kid with toys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version