Author Topic: One-on-one with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz: COVID, China sanctions, TikTok security concerns and the RECLAI  (Read 438 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
One-on-one with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz: COVID, China sanctions, TikTok security concerns and the RECLAIM Act

......Sen. Cruz responds to China sanctions imposed on him and other leaders

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said he was one of several U.S. officials targeted by the Chinese government in July.

“I got to tell you, I view that as a badge of honor,” Cruz said in an interview.

Cruz and other leaders spoke out against human rights violations taking place in China. 

The lawmakers also spoke out against the ruling Communist Party’s treatment towards religious minorities and other minority groups.................

Sen. Cruz discusses ongoing coronavirus pandemic in Texas

Health officials say Texas continues to be ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic.

In June, the phased reopening for the state was halted to slow the spread.  Texas remains in Phase 3.

“There are all sorts of steps we can take to limit the spread of the disease but at the same time, we’ve got to allow people to reopen their businesses,” said Cruz..........

Sen. Cruz discusses RECLAIM Act introduction in Congress

Sen. Ted Cruz introduced the RECLAIM Act which would hold officials liable for allowing the creation of violent autonomous zones in their communities.

The RECLAIM ACT, introduced earlier this month, would allow victims of damage within the zones to recoup the cost of that damage.

“The RECLAIM Act is legislation that says if you have been harmed, or if your home or business has been damaged or destroyed in a riot, and your local officials have deliberately denied you police protection, they’ve decided we’re not going to protect you, we’re going to let the rioters hurt you or hurt your home or business, that you have a right to sue the city, to sue the municipality,” said Cruz.........................

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/31/one-on-one-with-texas-sen-ted-cruz-covid-china-sanctions-tiktok-security-concerns-and-the-reclaim-act/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hopefully other Senators will get on board with his proposed "Reclaim Act".  They likely won't; God forbid if we hold our local officials accountable for their failure to act to protect their citizens and cities!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.