Author Topic: Australia-bound plane was so packed with cocaine it crashed after takeoff: police  (Read 356 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Australia-bound plane was so packed with cocaine it crashed after takeoff: police

A small plane bound for Australia crashed shortly after takeoff in Papua New Guinea last week – partially because it was weighed down by $80 million worth of cocaine stowed as cargo.

Five men who are members of a Melbourne-based crime syndicate were arrested in Australia and charged with conspiring to import 500 kilograms, or about 1,102 pounds, of cocaine from Papua New Guinea into Queensland, Australian Federal Police (AFP) said in a statement released on Saturday. The suspects face life in prison if convicted.

Police allege the group arranged for a Cessna model light aircraft to fly illegally from Mareeba Airfield in Queensland, Australia, to Papua New Guinea at about 3,000 feet to avoid radar detection on July 26.

"These flights are dangerous for other aircraft as well as those on board, in addition to being illegal and unauthorized," AFP said............

https://www.foxnews.com/world/australia-cocaine-plane-drug-bust-crash
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.