Author Topic: Implementation of President Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship  (Read 502 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Statement from the Press
Secretary Regarding the
Implementation of President
Trump’s Executive Order on
Preventing Online Censorship

Issued on: July 29, 2020 

On Monday, the Department of Commerce, as directed by President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship, filed a petition to clarify the scope of Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act.

The petition requests that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) clarify that Section 230 does not permit social media companies that alter or editorialize users’ speech to escape civil liability. The petition also requests that the FCC clarify when an online platform curates content in “good faith,” and requests transparency requirements on their moderation practices, similar to requirements imposed on broadband service providers under Title I of the Communications Act. 

President Trump will continue to fight back against unfair, un-American, and politically biased censorship of Americans online.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-regarding-implementation-president-trumps-executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

If Congress doesn’t bring fairness to Big Tech, which they should have done years ago, I will do it myself with Executive Orders. In Washington, it has been ALL TALK and NO ACTION for years, and the people of our Country are sick and tired of it!

12:07 PM · Jul 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1288506554585505793

Offline Longiron

Statement from the Press
Secretary Regarding the
Implementation of President
Trump’s Executive Order on
Preventing Online Censorship

Issued on: July 29, 2020 

On Monday, the Department of Commerce, as directed by President Donald J. Trump’s Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship, filed a petition to clarify the scope of Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act.

The petition requests that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) clarify that Section 230 does not permit social media companies that alter or editorialize users’ speech to escape civil liability. The petition also requests that the FCC clarify when an online platform curates content in “good faith,” and requests transparency requirements on their moderation practices, similar to requirements imposed on broadband service providers under Title I of the Communications Act. 

President Trump will continue to fight back against unfair, un-American, and politically biased censorship of Americans online.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-regarding-implementation-president-trumps-executive-order-preventing-online-censorship/

Needed to happen BUT will it be enforced? You know they are not going to comply? Then What??? We will see? 9999hair out0000

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Needed to happen BUT will it be enforced?

Only if Trump wins. Then he then  has an AG who directs it be enforced.

If he issues this EO, loses, this EO evaporates.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Love it in theory, but about as enforceable as prohibition was back 1920-1933.

How many IS enforcement agents does Trump plan to hire?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Love it in theory, but about as enforceable as prohibition was back 1920-1933.

How many IS enforcement agents does Trump plan to hire?

Wouldn't it take just one lawsuit against Twitter to start this ball rolling ..... say against someone dispensing medical judgment ---  without a license?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wouldn't it take just one lawsuit against Twitter to start this ball rolling ..... say against someone dispensing medical judgment ---  without a license?

Big Tech has armies of lawyers, and can afford the best.  They will have the ability to obfusicate, confuse, delay, and juke something like this  for years and years.  Plenty of time to allow dims to legislate some kind of convoluted first amendment protection for their algorithm gaming of info.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

SUDDENLY: Alex Jones is back on youtube this last week or so... Full shows, searchable, showing up in Recommends... And I ain't even an AJ fan.

What a coincidence.   :whistle: