Author Topic: Federal Grand Jury Indicts Tenn. Dem Senator Who Allegedly Stole $600,000 in Federal Grant Money  (Read 979 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Federal Grand Jury Indicts Tenn. Dem Senator Who Allegedly Stole $600,000 in Federal Grant Money

https://breaking911.com/breaking-federal-grand-jury-indicts-tenn-dem-senator-who-allegedly-stole-600000-in-federal-grant-money/

Tennessee State Senator Katrina Robinson (D), 39, has now been indicted for theft and embezzlement involving government programs and wire fraud. ... On Thursday, July 30, 2020, a federal grand jury in Memphis returned a 48-count indictment against Robinson, charging her with 24 counts of theft and embezzlement involving government programs, and 24 counts of wire fraud. ... According to the indictment, Katrina Robinson is the Director of The Healthcare Institute (THI), a provider of educational and training programs for jobs in the healthcare field. She is also a Tennessee State Senator, having been elected to represent the 33rd District in Shelby County in 2018.

Between 2015 and 2019, The Healthcare Institute received over $2.2 million in federal grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. During that same time period, Robinson stole in excess of $600,000 from THI by compensating herself in excess of what was allowed under the terms of the HRSA grant and by using Institute funds for payments and purchases for her own personal benefit and that of her immediate family.

Payments and purchases included a vehicle for her daughter; clothing, accessories, and hair and beauty products; expenses related to her wedding and honeymoon, and later, legal fees for her divorce ...

If welfare cheats are pond scum, people who rip off programs that are supposed to provide education to people in poverty are the pus that oozes from the abscesses on the pond scum.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

Federal Grand Jury Indicts Tenn. Dem Senator Who Allegedly Stole $600,000 in Federal Grant Money

https://breaking911.com/breaking-federal-grand-jury-indicts-tenn-dem-senator-who-allegedly-stole-600000-in-federal-grant-money/

If welfare cheats are pond scum, people who rip off programs that are supposed to provide education to people in poverty are the pus that oozes from the abscesses on the pond scum.

Agree, but.  Barf.....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm absolutley certian that this is the tip of an iceberg if anyone were willing to look at it.  And it's not new.  It has been going on for years. 

In the morning I will post about one case I'm aware of personally.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm absolutley certian that this is the tip of an iceberg if anyone were willing to look at it.  And it's not new.  It has been going on for years. 

In the morning I will post about one case I'm aware of personally.

Agree.   :thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

She's an amateur. Needs to learn some techniques from DeBlasio's wife:
Who’s got a billion to burn?

Well, Bill de Blasio for sure.  But also mayoral spouse Chirlane McCray, who has just been revealed as a world-class boondoggler in her own right.  ...

McCray is the proprietress of ThriveNYC, a mental-health-related something-or-other created four-plus years ago to give a little heft to the conceit that Bill and Chirlane were elected as co-mayors — which is nonsense on stilts.  ...

So, ipso presto, co-Mayor Bill coughed up enough cash to break a pack mule’s back and sent it off to co-Mayor Chirlane — who then went forth to cure Gotham’s mental-illness problems.

Fast-forward to Wednesday, when the City Council was startled to discover that McCray and Team Thrive are closing in on having spent an eye-popping $900 million since the program’s inception — and nobody seems to have a clue on what.

That is, nobody appears to have kept receipts; the subways and street corners are still overrun with crazy people, and nobody in charge knows what’s to happen next. ...

Right up there with co-Mayor Bill, who started the week on his own sour note — announcing that his signature Renewal school program was closing up shop after pounding $773 million down a rathole. ...
NY Post, Feb. 28, 2019, De Blasio and ‘co-mayor’ wife have wasted $1.8B of taxpayer money. TBR thread on it here: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,353259.0.html
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Some years ago we had a situation in this state where several of our Democrat state representatives were not lawyers, doctors, or real estate moguls and thus needed jobs for the 18 months over every two years the legislature is not in secession. Good ole Good time Charlie Wilson, then a Democrat member of Congress from Texas, came to the rescue and provided.  He got Federal money for a rural bus service attached to some bill, that bus system was created, and wouldn't you know it, EVERY ONE of those state reps magically became district managers for that bus system.  Those jobs were never advertised. And the only applications that were ever accepted were for drivers and maintenance mechanics.  The buses themselves saw very little if any use.  You can drop by their bus barn and find the domino games in progress at most anytime to this day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Tennessee lawmaker allegedly embezzled tax dollars for two years after feds alerted

https://justthenews.com/government/state-houses/tennessee-dem-senator-allegedly-embezzled-federal-funds-two-years-after

Prosecutors allege the state lawmaker used federal funds for her wedding, honeymoon and divorce and to pay for electronics, a door for her home, a retirement fund and spa supplies.

The fraudulent transfers occurred between 2015 and 2019, the press release declared. Yet the criminal complaint states the government may have known about that criminal activity for over two years while it was taking place.

The complaint, a copy of which was provided to Just the News by the U.S. Attorney's Office, states that, in December of 2016, "an anonymous complainant made a complaint on the Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) online complaint intake system" regarding Robinson's conduct.

The 2016 complaint "alleged that Katrina Robinson had purchased a Louis Vuitton handbag for $550.00 from the complainant on November 5, 2016 using THI funds," the document states. ...
The document does not state when the Health and Human Services Inspector General actually opened the investigation—whether it was at the time the complaint was received or at some later date. Yet at least 23 of the alleged fraudulent exchanges and transfers occurred or began after December 2016, including the single largest payout of the surveyed transactions, a $54,000 deposit into a retirement account in April 2018.

Well, we know the FBI was trying to fry bigger fish from 2016 to 2019, :sarc: .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.