Author Topic: Obama Uses John Lewis Funeral to Call for ‘Eliminating the Filibuster’  (Read 1657 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 30 Jul 2020

Former President Barack Obama used his eulogy at the funeral of Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) to call for an end to the Senate filibuster to pass Democrats’ new legislation on voting reform.

Obama said that Republicans had imitated Jim Crow-era restrictions on voting rights, which Lewis marched against, by passing state voter ID laws and other measures that conservatives argue prevent voter fraud.

He urged Congress to pass a new version of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

“You want to honor John? Let’s honor him by revitalizing the law that he was willing to die for,” Obama said, to applause.

Democrats have pushed for a new version of the law, after the Supreme Court invalidated part of it in 2013, saying that it was outdated.

The new version of the law, which has been renamed for Lewis, would restore federal supervision of state efforts to pass new election reforms.

Obama said Democrats should go beyond that legislation and also enact laws making voter registration automatic, granting the vote to ex-convicts, and making Election Day a national holiday, among other changes.

“And if all this takes is ending the filibuster, another Jim Crow relic, in order to secure the God-given rights of every American, then that’s what we should do.”

more w/video
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/30/obama-uses-john-lewis-funeral-to-call-for-end-to-filibuster/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Rats using the dead to promote unrelated policies. Situation normal.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ah, the majesty and solemnity of a demonrat-run funeral.  I have chills. 

Offline Idiot

Oh brother!  9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Offline skeeter

Can't let a good corpse go to waste.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

A Wellstone Campaign rally at it's best.  Except W was there giving comfort to the enemy. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

A Wellstone Campaign rally at it's best.  Except W was there giving comfort cover to the enemy.

The one thing he exceeded at doing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

First time WJC has been muzzled...lol. 

And to think I used to like Bush....GAG!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 08:48:06 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline dancer

I can't stop laughing! 

Offline mountaineer

✭ Wayne Dupree ✭  @WayneDupreeShow
Obama tells a room packed full of people, that "rooms packed full of people" are unsafe and that's why we must "vote by mail"
🤦🏿‍♂️
 You can't make this stupidity up
waynedupree.com
6:01 AM · Jul 31, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

May his piles hang like grapes.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
:3:

Ditto.  ALL three of them were very detrimental to this country. 'W' turned out to be an extreme disappointment. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

You really have to wonder whose mansion was used to hold the "after funeral crack and white hooker party",don't you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

@Right_in_Virginia

You really have to wonder whose mansion was used to hold the "after funeral crack and white hooker party",don't you?

I just assumed it was hosted out of the back of Obama's SUV.   :smokin:

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A Wellstone Campaign rally at it's best.  Except W was there giving comfort to the enemy.

@catfish1957

Dumbya IS the enemy. Has ALWAYS been the enemy. He will remain faithful to his mommy's wishes until the day he dies.

Beats the hell out of having to do all that hard "thinking stuff".

The Bush Crime Family has been in operation for over 100 years now,and make the Clinton's look like raw amateurs by comparison. Hell,one of his uncles or great-uncles,I can't remember which at the moment,plead guilty to laundering money for the Nazi's DURING WW-2 while working as a senior account member for the Harriman Bank!

His "punishment" was to be elected as a US Senator in 1954. Prescott Bush,Sr.

His son,Prescott Bush Jr,was the one Poppy sent to China to open the US-Chinese Chamber of Commerce right after Poppy normalized relations with China.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Dr. Alveda King on John Lewis' funeral: The left will 'grab at any opportunity' to politicize

King says Obama chose to politicize Congressman Lewis' funeral

The left will "grab at any opportunity" to twist an occasion like the funeral of civil rights icon John Lewis into "a political moment," Dr. Alveda King stated Friday.

In an interview on "Fox & Friends," King said that she should have expected former President Barack Obama to "grab at" the chance.

"I have chosen not to politicize the death of Congressman Lewis, but to remember him as a peaceful, nonviolent warrior and encourage everyone to resolve our conflicts peacefully," she remarked..........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alveda-king-john-lewis-funeral-obama
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Mods - please merge & thank you.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,410087.0.html

Dr. Alveda King on John Lewis' funeral: The left will 'grab at any opportunity' to politicize

King says Obama chose to politicize Congressman Lewis' funeral

The left will "grab at any opportunity" to twist an occasion like the funeral of civil rights icon John Lewis into "a political moment," Dr. Alveda King stated Friday.

In an interview on "Fox & Friends," King said that she should have expected former President Barack Obama to "grab at" the chance.

"I have chosen not to politicize the death of Congressman Lewis, but to remember him as a peaceful, nonviolent warrior and encourage everyone to resolve our conflicts peacefully," she remarked..........

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alveda-king-john-lewis-funeral-obama