Author Topic: US to pull nearly 12,000 troops from Germany, costing billions  (Read 390 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US to pull nearly 12,000 troops from Germany, costing billions
By Ellen Mitchell - 07/29/20 11:14 AM EDT

The Pentagon will begin shifting thousands of U.S. troops out of Germany “within weeks” and move the headquarters of U.S. European Command from the country to Belgium, Defense Secretary Mark Esper announced on Wednesday.

Some 11,900 personnel will be moved from Germany, taking U.S. forces there from 36,000 to 24,000. Roughly 5,600 of the troops will be repositioned elsewhere in Europe — including Belgium, Italy, Poland and “opportunities to put forces into the Baltics” — while some 6,400 would come back to the United States.

Of the troops heading back stateside, many will begin conducting rotational deployments back into Europe.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/509558-us-to-pull-nearly-12000-troops-from-germany-costing-billions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: US to pull nearly 12,000 troops from Germany, costing billions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 04:04:13 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 04:11:15 pm »
Romney: Trump's Germany drawdown is 'grave error'
The military expert speaks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 04:18:30 pm »
Did someone pass gas?

888high58888  Romney thinks he is relevant and ONLY, LEFT, LYING , DISGUSTING , media is giving him any attention.  HE IS A DEMON-RAT.  NWO ROMNEY..thinks he is a republican.  He is breaking about 3 ARTICLES of his LDS FAITH. # 12.
As Bishop, he should know better.  I have lost all respect for this POS.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 04:20:21 pm »
  The HILL...again.  lol.  Things change in the world.  What a puzzy!  (I don't normally talk like that! But in his case it really fits!)    888mouth

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 04:23:17 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 05:06:36 pm »
Journalism today:

No reasons given for moving, versus staying.

After WW II, the reason was to pacify, then "denazify" just defeated enemy Germany.

Moving into Cold War times, our troops were the trigger line against Eastern Germany which was the USSR's proxy.

Since the fall of the Berlin Wall, it has been forward positioning for adventures in places like the Balkans, the Mid-east etc.

Another purpose is to jointly train with our allies.

Germany also hosts the largest military medical facility outside the US.

Germany's Fulda Gap had been a warfare road for all time. (across Germany, to Poland and Russia).

I Romney has studied the matter deeply, he likely agrees with the Left, and we should immediately surrender, should hostilities break out anywhere within reach of our forces in Germany..

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 05:20:19 pm »
We support Germany with our troops against Russia, who do not pay us, for that.  DELINQUENT. POTUS is on their case to PAY.

Then Germany buys billions of dollars worth of oil/gas, FROM RUSSIA.  What are we "protecting" them, from?  We aren't needed there. The rest of the military plans, I have no idea, what the plan is or why.  I just remember this.

Offline AL

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 06:22:35 pm »
Pull all of the troops out of Europe then send NATO a few bucks a year.  Spend the NATO money on carriers and long range bombers.  Satellites are watching everything, if we need to respond we will.  Just how much value does being in NATO give us that we can't do without?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 06:31:12 pm »
Pull all of the troops out of Europe then send NATO a few bucks a year.  Spend the NATO money on carriers and long range bombers.  Satellites are watching everything, if we need to respond we will.  Just how much value does being in NATO give us that we can't do without?

It seems that many are still hung up on planning for the LAST war instead of the NEXT one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 11:21:55 am »
US to Move 11,900 Troops Out of Germany: Pentagon

Of the 34,500 US military personnel in Germany, some 6,400 will be sent home while nearly 5,600 others will be moved to other NATO countries.

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2020/07/29/us-troops-germany/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=us-troops-germany

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 01:06:27 pm »
When I was a summer legal intern with the Dept. of the Interior, my boss told me that whenever U.S. troops in Germany did field exercises and the like, the German government billed the U.S. for every tiny bit of damage they did, even a broken tree branch. Considering we were there supposedly protecting them from the evil empire of the USSR (this was in the 1980s), both he and I thought that was pretty darn stinky of the Germans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org