Author Topic: Trump to make 16th trip to Texas as fear grows the state is turning blue  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to make 16th trip to Texas as fear grows the state is turning blue
by Rob Crilly, White House Correspondent |
 | July 29, 2020 12:00 AM

President Trump arrives in Texas on Wednesday for his 16th visit as fresh polls warn he faces a battle to hold on to the state in November.

Campaign officials insist they are not treating the Lone Star State as a battleground. Yet, former Vice President Joe Biden leads 47%-45% in a Morning Consult poll published on Monday, following a string of surveys showing the two candidates level pegging or Trump lagging behind.

"The president loves coming to Texas to raise money and rile up the base," said Brendan Steinhauser, an Austin, Texas-based Republican strategist who managed the 2014 campaign of Sen. John Cornyn.

"He won Texas by 9 percentage points in 2016, but he is facing a closer and tougher race in 2020. I think his multiple visits to Texas indicate that he is taking Texas seriously and is investing time here so that he doesn't lose the state this time around."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-to-make-16th-trip-to-texas-as-fear-grows-the-state-is-turning-blue
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I don't think that the RNC, or the GOP should become complacent and assume that TX will remain red.  The demographics have changed significantly.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Texas is not turning blue for this election.  Well at least not for the next 10-15 years. 

Outside of minorities, and Travis County, Trump should clean house.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

Trump is coming to Midland today to raise funds and visit a drilling rig.  If I had the time I'd go. 

Offline libertybele

Texas is not turning blue for this election.  Well at least not for the next 10-15 years. 

Outside of minorities, and Travis County, Trump should clean house.

I hope that you are correct.  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hope that you are correct.  :patriot:

I actually saw a road side stand nearby selling MAGA paraphenial, and there were 4 cars there BUYING...   I see Trump flags, signs  and red caps everywhere.  The base is that energized
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish asserted (and then backed up a little):
"Texas is not turning blue for this election.  Well at least not for the next 10-15 years."

Hmmmmm....
So... you (too) see "the inevitable" comin' down the pike, even if it remains 10-15 years away right now...?

Demographics may only be "numbers", but they are destiny.
And they certainly are changin' down Texas' way.

How do these numbers portent the future there?