Author Topic: Mayor Lightfoot Blames Gun Friendly States for Chicago’s Bloodshed  (Read 635 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AWR Hawkins 29 Jul 2020

Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) contends the surge in shootings in Chicago is the result of states in the Union that have “virtually no gun control.”

She made this argument on CNN’s State of the Union over the weekend, reviving the Obama-era claims which blamed Indiana and other states for the crime in Chicago, Illinois.

The Hill published video of Lightfoot saying, “Our gun problem is related to the fact that we have too many illegal guns on our streets, 60 percent of which come from states outside of Illinois.”

She added, “We are being inundated with guns from states that have virtually no gun control, no background checks, no ban on assault weapons — that is hurting cities like Chicago.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/29/lax-out-of-state-gun-laws-blamed-by-chicago-mayor-lightfoot-for-local-crime-wave/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Ummmmmmm ... criminals would not pass a background check, whether in IL or in IN, KY, MO, IA, or WI.

Maybe all those gun stores at the bottom of Lake Michigan don't do background checks. :sarc:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

And those states from whence the guns allegedly came haven't experienced the same level of violence, Mayor Lightweight. It's just Chicagoans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline AL

This mayor is totally inept at running a city, she couldn't run a dog pound without blaming cats for dogs barking.  Keep voting democrat Chicago, more of the same.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm betting that 100% of the guns used in Chicago crimes were not obtained by the perps legally in ANY state.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 06:37:31 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien