Author Topic: Mnuchin says GOP, Democrats 'very far apart' on coronavirus relief negotiations  (Read 248 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mnuchin says GOP, Democrats 'very far apart' on coronavirus relief negotiations
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/29/20 10:29 AM EDT

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Wednesday said both the White House and Republicans were "very far apart” from Democrats on negotiations over the next coronavirus relief package.

“As of now we’re very far apart,” Mnuchin, who is leading negotiations on Capitol Hill, told reporters alongside President Trump at the White House before the president departed for a trip to Texas.

Mnuchin said they are discussing a short-term extension of enhanced unemployment benefits and extending the federal moratorium on evictions before they expire at the end of the week.

“You got to work on the evictions so people don’t get evicted. You work on the payments to the people. The rest of it, we’re so far apart we don’t care,” Trump told reporters after Mnuchin spoke. “We really don’t care. We want to take care of the people.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/509542-mnuchin-says-gop-democrats-very-far-apart-on-coronavirus-relief
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I personally hope the remain in that condition for a LONG time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

I personally hope the remain in that condition for a LONG time!

Would be nice, but I know how this *bleep* will go down.  In fact, it has already started.  Some Republicans whine about the cost and the spending, but it's all for show.  Eventually, they will go along with whatever the Democrats come up with.  One trillion?  Three trillion?  More?  None of them really care.   And of course, Trump will sign off on it.  He hasn't vetoed a spending spree bill yet.