Author Topic: Trump questions how Fauci has a high approval rating 'but nobody likes me'  (Read 998 times)

Offline Applewood

Applewood

Not sure, but I think she was saying millions died with HIV/AIDS because of Fauci, and not Covid.

I don't know  -- I thought in the segment I saw, Dr. Mikovitz was talking about COVID.  But then again, she seemed to be all over the map, so who knows?  Anyway, if she was talking about HIV/AIDs, then accusing Dr. Fauci of being responsible for "millions of deaths" is preposterous.  On the contrary, Dr. Fauci's research into HIV/AIDS has been lauded as leading to discoveries that have saved or prolonged lives, not killed people.    Here is a quote from a report that talks about Dr. Fauci's work on HIV/AIDS:

As a clinician, Fauci made significant breakthroughs in understanding how HIV destroys the body’s immune system and helped develop strategies to bolster immune defenses. Later, he was a key architect of George W. Bush’s President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, a program that now operates in more than 50 countries and has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/dr-anthony-fauci-coronavirus-aids

Doesn't n sound like a guy who killed millions of people.

Remember that Dr. Fauci has served under and advised every president since Reagan.  I should think if there was anything wrong with his work or if he had any malevolent intentions in anything he did, those things would have been discovered by now. 

On the other hand, as I noted previously, Dr. Mikovitz's work has been largely discredited and I understand she was let go from her last research gig.  Would you consider the possibility that perhaps Dr. Mikovitz's allegations against Dr. Fauci and the established scientific community at large stem from her jealousy and bitterness that she was discredited and fired, while respected scientists like Dr. Fauci are being lauded?

And he has double talked the whole time.  I live with an infectious disease doctor, so I know what her analysis is of Fauci and Birx.  Let's just say I cannot give details but I know those two are not to be trusted.  Trump claims he has high regard for them, and I think if he were smart, he would not trust them at all.  I think whoever is really running the show is pulling strings here.

POLLY touches on some of the truth.  You should take a listen.

Well, since you can't say, then I can't comment on this part.  I guess when it comes to Dr. Fauci, you and I will have to "agree to disagree" or something.   :beer:

Offline Absalom

Thank you, but I'm neither wise nor a man.   happy77
-----------------
Sorry about my mislabeling.

Offline aligncare

Well, maybe it's because during this pandemic, Trump has lied; contradicted members of his task force; promoted a drug that may not work and could potentially be dangerous; blame China, the Democrats and any of a myriad of enemies, real or imagined, for the virus, etc. etc.  Plus Trump, his allies and supporters have tried to discredit Dr. Fauci by promoting conspiracy theories about him, none of which have been proven. 

Meanwhile, Dr. Fauci has given us his advice and guidance based on his decades of experience in infectious diseases.  Now I don't like his position on masks or forcing lockdowns, but when it comes to this virus, I trust him more than I would trust Trump.  And I suppose there are plenty of others who feel the same.

You’re beginning to sound like a CNN Breaking News story.

Offline rustynail

Why won't Trump wear the Shield?

Masks Aren't Enough: Dr. Fauci Says People Should "Probably Use Eye Shields" To Protect Against COVID-19

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/dr-fauci-says-people-should-probably-use-eye-shields-protect-against-covid-19#comment_stream

Offline skeeter

You’re beginning to sound like a CNN Breaking News story.

Beginning to?

Offline Applewood

-----------------
Sorry about my mislabeling.

No apology necessary.  I've been called a lot worse.   happy77