Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'  (Read 11210 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2020, 01:28:34 pm »
He just suggested delaying the election so... yeah I'm done.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2020, 01:34:03 pm »
In our country there is a saying that I am hoping you become highly familiar with:

"There A'int No Such Thing as a Free Lunch"

I liked Donald Trump better when he wasn't chunking  Trillions out the window.

@catfish1957

He is not a professional politician. He is a businessman. Do you think he LIKES doing that?

He is a President,NOT  a CEO,and there are issues and matters that are out of his control if he doesn't have a majority in Congress that will back his play,so he has no choice in the political swamp he is wading in these days other than to do things he MUST do,while trying the best he can to diminish the harm done while trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. Even then,he has no real control. It's up to the amount of political support he gets.

This is what a nation has to deal with when they have a President in charge instead of a Dictator.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:34:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2020, 01:37:55 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Sarcastic devil.   :smokin:

Statement is not a salvo  as POTUS choices, but a desperate plea to stop the insane unsustainbable spending.  Sorry, you misunderstood.

I just want to assure you @catfish1957 that no one (that I know of) here in Briefer City, myself included, disagrees with you.  Spending is beyond out of control and it is a threat to our economic/national security.   Where I think you and I split is I see the benefit of a capitalist, former CEO of a global company in the Oval Office -- especially against the choice of a Marxist Politburo. 

Who holds the acumen and track record and gives us the best shot at getting this bullshit under control -- or at least putting the issue on the radar?    What concerns me is a few of the vocals here keep preaching there is no difference between Trump and Biden --- and this school of thought frightens me.

Will Trump be successful in curtailing spending during his second term?  With Congress I can't guarantee it --- but he will bring this issue to the forefront making it a normal part of our national conversation (like illegal immigration and deregulation) and take as much action as he can, most likely through EOs  --- The next Republican candidate for President will have a much easier time including spending as a top issue

Which brings us to the other issue I think separates us .... I think this isn't the election to run on cutting spending.  As good a policy as this is, it is horrible politics in the moment in history, especially when folks aren't ready for it.  And whether we like it or not, politics matters if you want to win an election.  And we have to win this one.

Lastly, and FWIW, I'm partial to "clever devil"   88devil

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2020, 01:38:41 pm »
So you keep saying.  Can you imagine what allowing the total collapse of the economy would have done? 

We're still not out of the woods.  At least POTUS is trying to keep it afloat.  And yes, that means spending money.

@dancer

Small words,BIG meaning that more people need to take into consideration.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2020, 01:39:14 pm »
@catfish1957

EVERY word you wrote above is economic gospel!  The kind of things we all know on an instinctive level,but don't have the words to express well.

The argument comes from the obvious question "So,what are we going to do about it? Ignore it and just hope it goes away?

Or maybe start taking painful steps to provide SOME stability while restoring our national AND personal finances to the level where the word "insanity" (with maybe a few dozen expletives added for seasoning) isn't an automatic addition to any economic discussion?

*I*,who at times have dozens of dollars in my checking account,suggest an EXCELLENT place to start is to TRY to start reducing our national obligations while shutting down the bleeding our industrial bases to death by importing all our freaking jobs to slave nations like China who hate us and want to destroy us.

An EXCELLENT place to start would be by arresting the treasonous criminals we normally call "Politicians" and "CEO's/board members" whose only loyalty is to bottom line and selves",and hanging the bastards after fair trials.

Remember,it is THEY who are more to blame for this than the Chinese,who are really just looking out for China.

No,this won't reverse the damage,but it sure as hell reduce the temptation for others to do it again in the future.

BTW,I am NOT talking about JUST hanging the treasonous bastards after finding them guilty,I am talking about a "financial scorched earth" program that seizes ALL their assets and returns that money to the US Treasury. Including assets owned in family members names and any bank accounts or corporate accounts any of them may control.

I really enjoy how you bring a common sense persepctive to an issue.  I especially enjoyed your measures to deal with the criminal element in DC that has brought this impeding disaster.  It may boil down to our own Bastille Day to rectify the problem.

And you might find it interesting that I mostly agree with your comments about Boards/CEO's.  50/50 I'd guess.  There are many who are justifying double digit percentage raises, while the company loses money, or enacts layoffs  And believe me, my proxy statements have reflected my anger.   The rest of the rabble pretty has to play by the  pay for performance rule.  Why shouldn't it also apply to the fat cats. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2020, 01:40:05 pm »
You always give me a lot to think about.  And this post has forced me to really think about, really consider which of the two souls running to be our nation's Chief Executive Officer understands what you just said.

Thank you @catfish1957

@Right_in_Virginia

The one that recognizes his own name ?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2020, 01:42:36 pm »
@roamer_1
Does not work....
Virginia law required the state government to balance the budget every year.  So when we have a liberal governor, the cut visible services to cause the most amount of agony.  One year all of the rest areas on the interstates were shut down.  Another year, the staff at the DMV were cut significantly and it would literally take 8 or 10 hours get get anything done.
If your expectation is that the feds will dump background functions, you are mistaken.  The military is going to bear the brunt of cuts before the feds dump their own.

@EdinVA

Sure. That's why barber shops, bars, venues, and churches (parks, beaches, etc) were closed during the plandemic. They're flexing.

I have come to the conclusion that I don't care where the axe falls so long as it falls.
Because if we don't let the axe fall, there won't be anything left to save, if it can be saved at all. Already we may be past the tipping point, and hyperinflation may well be inevitable.

Edit: Sorry Sneaks, I pinged you by mistake  :shrug:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:55:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2020, 01:52:40 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I just want to assure you @catfish1957 that no one (that I know of) here in Briefer City, myself included, disagrees with you.  Spending is beyond out of control and it is a threat to our economic/national security.   Where I think you and I split is I see the benefit of a capitalist, former CEO of a global company in the Oval Office -- especially against the choice of a Marxist Politburo.

I don't disagree.  Beside the obvious binary choice, that is why I am voting for Trump.  I just may be a little more verbally critical of things he does that i don't agree with. 

Who holds the acumen and track record and gives us the best shot at getting this bullshit under control -- or at least putting the issue on the radar?    What concerns me is a few of the vocals here keep preaching there is no difference between Trump and Biden --- and this school of thought frightens me.

I think the bigger point is that I am feeling there is no fiscal control with either party.  GOP or dim....   If both take us to $100T debt and off the cliff, does it really matter?  And if it does, wouldn't you prefer the dims be blamed?

Will Trump be successful in curtailing spending during his second term?  With Congress I can't guarantee it --- but he will bring this issue to the forefront making it a normal part of our national conversation (like illegal immigration and deregulation) and take as much action as he can, most likely through EOs  --- The next Republican candidate for President will have a much easier time including spending as a top issue

Full agreement, and no argument there.

Which brings us to the other issue I think separates us .... I think this isn't the election to run on cutting spending.  As good a policy as this is, it is horrible politics in the moment in history, especially when folks aren't ready for it.  And whether we like it or not, politics matters if you want to win an election.  And we have to win this one.

I have a pretty good understanding of economics, and want to state that there is a still yet to be determined tipping point, when the cards start to fall.  I would like to agree, and say we kick the can down the road, but who know when than can goes down a pit.  It's like swiping at bear with a big stick, wondering whether at what point it swipes back.  I'd rather not tempt fate. 

Lastly, and FWIW, I'm partial to "clever devil"   88devil
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »
I would like to agree, and say we kick the can down the road, but who know when than can goes down a pit.  It's like swiping at bear with a big stick, wondering whether at what point it swipes back.  I'd rather not tempt fate.

Not to mention that exact mentality has kicked the can down the road since the 94 Congress - The last Conservative hand at the levers of power...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2020, 02:14:26 pm »
@catfish1957 @Right_in_Virginia @everyone

I will assure you that the fiscal problems we face in this country will NEVER be solved for so long as he continue to abide the Marxist Income tax, the IRS, and the Federal Reserve Banks which are entirely PRIVATE. They do not belong to the government in any shape, form, or fashion.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:15:35 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2020, 04:06:45 pm »
@catfish1957 @Right_in_Virginia @everyone

I will assure you that the fiscal problems we face in this country will NEVER be solved for so long as he continue to abide the Marxist Income tax, the IRS, and the Federal Reserve Banks which are entirely PRIVATE. They do not belong to the government in any shape, form, or fashion.

@Bigun @catfish1957 @Right_in_Virginia @everyone

The Creature from  Jekyll Island.   Recommended reading for everyone over the age of 16.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Creature_from_Jekyll_Island.html?id=ClE4YgEACAAJ&source=kp_cover
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:31:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2020, 04:11:52 pm »
Am I the only one that is beginning to see Teddy Boys' whinny little bitch starting to peek out from behind the curtain?

I SUSPECT he sees Trump being weakened by the Dim onslaught of crises,and is starting to make his pitch for the top spot.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2020, 04:14:13 pm »
@Bigun @@catfish1957 @Right_in_Virginia @everyone

The Creature from  Jekyll Island.   Recommended reading for everyone over the age of 16.

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Creature_from_Jekyll_Island.html?id=ClE4YgEACAAJ&source=kp_cover

Read it about 30 years ago @sneakypete I concur with the recommendation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2020, 10:58:22 pm »
The Creature from  Jekyll Island.

uh huh

"One Ring To Rule Them ALL".

December 23, 1913

Yes, this is me repeating this to you all.  The day the world ended.

G. Edward Griffin (born November 7, 1931)

He is the author of The Creature from Jekyll Island (1994)[2], which promotes false theories about the motives behind the creation of the Federal Reserve System.
wikipedia.

Something my dad told me a long time ago. If you KNOW the TRUTH, and SPEAK the TRUTH, with little or no "money" backing, you will BE the lunatic fringe.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2020, 04:36:48 am »
The Creature from  Jekyll Island.

uh huh

"One Ring To Rule Them ALL".

December 23, 1913

Yes, this is me repeating this to you all.  The day the world ended.

G. Edward Griffin (born November 7, 1931)

He is the author of The Creature from Jekyll Island (1994)[2], which promotes false theories about the motives behind the creation of the Federal Reserve System.
wikipedia.

Something my dad told me a long time ago. If you KNOW the TRUTH, and SPEAK the TRUTH, with little or no "money" backing, you will BE the lunatic fringe.

@bigheadfred

HEY!

If you can't trust Wikipedia,who CAN you trust? </S> 9999hair out0000

Offline dancer

« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:30 am »
At least Trump has pushed things to the point there is actually a discussion, no matter how you characterize it.
Amen, Fred!  Finally, we get to see the true state of the Swamp, and the Swamp rats can't hide.  Just thinking of all that has been exposed makes me dizzy.  Ryan to McConnell, Pelosi and Schumer!  The Swamp is ripping mad but their days of covering are over. 

Offline dancer

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2020, 08:13:48 am »

Title:
"Ted Cruz: Trump tweets have 'coarsened discussion'"

That's ok, Ted.
IT'S ABOUT TIME that "the discussion" got "coarse".

Particularly about the leftist/communist insurgency, which even guys like you are too afraid to say out loud.

I can think of three communist revolutions that failed:
- Spain
- Greece
- Chile
None of those nations were saved from marxism by polite discussion.
As a matter of fact, the leaders that saved them and the tactics used were... quite "coarse".
:amen:

Offline dancer

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2020, 08:20:17 am »

THE HILL....again.  That is a lefty rag.  Repeating the same lies as back then.  TRUMP was not nasty to HEIDI.  Ted Cruz was the nasty one, to MELANIA...and Trump responded with; "Be careful Ted'.  Heidi & her Goldman sax affiliation that loaned TED CRUZ his campaign money, not reported, something shady ,  and HEIDI C.E.O. of North American ....can't remember the next word, a NWO ORGANIZATION.  MEDIA never gives the whole story, ONLY, what TRUMP RESPONDS WITH, and putting him in the worst light. NOT WHAT WAS SAID ABOUT HIM AND HIS FAMILY....FIRST.
I just want the whole story,  not fictitious media lies. VIRTUE SIGNALING DOES NOTHING TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY.

This is why I despise The Hill.  They constantly twist and lie by omission.  Anything to make Trump look bad.

Offline dancer

« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2020, 08:24:02 am »
Obama by his proxy manwife moochelle?
I doubt that Moochelle wants to work that hard.  I'm thinking it'll be Susan Rice, because she actually has a brain and she is hell bent on destroying this nation.

Offline dancer

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2020, 08:38:32 am »
@dancer

Small words,BIG meaning that more people need to take into consideration.
Thank you, sneaky.  I can't even wrap my head around what would happen in this nation if the economy totally collapsed.  We all hate the spending, but the alternative would be absolute hell on earth.

Offline dancer

« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2020, 08:45:07 am »
Am I the only one that is beginning to see Teddy Boys' whinny little bitch starting to peek out from behind the curtain?

I SUSPECT he sees Trump being weakened by the Dim onslaught of crises,and is starting to make his pitch for the top spot.
No, you're not alone in that thinking.  His reputation was left in tatters after that run.  I see his "conversion" as more of an attempt to rebuild it, rather than agreement with POTUS.  It's not the first time he has sniped and it won't be his last. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2020, 10:01:22 am »
He's not wrong, really. Our already-debased culture could use some uplift, not more nastiness.

But when you look at what Democrats routinely get away with in terms of personal insult, denigration, false accusation, and general hysteria, what Donald Trump chooses to "tweet" is not even in the same league.
Listen to the opposition F-bombing everything in sight and I'd have to give the 'coarsening' award to the Dems.
However, I get Cruz's point, there have been few civil discussions in politics of late, but that bridge was burned some time ago. Trump is no Reagan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2020, 12:33:10 pm »
Amen, Fred!  Finally, we get to see the true state of the Swamp, and the Swamp rats can't hide.  Just thinking of all that has been exposed makes me dizzy.  Ryan to McConnell, Pelosi and Schumer!  The Swamp is ripping mad but their days of covering are over.

@dancer @bigheadfred

This is why both the Dims and the RINO's went into full-tilt panic mode when Trump actually won the election. He wasn't one of them,and they knew they couldn't count on him allowing them all to get away with their normal daily selling of their offices.

"Deys a new sheriff in town,and dey ain't happy bout it!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2020, 12:36:41 pm »
Listen to the opposition F-bombing everything in sight and I'd have to give the 'coarsening' award to the Dems.
However, I get Cruz's point, there have been few civil discussions in politics of late, but that bridge was burned some time ago. Trump is no Reagan.

@Smokin Joe

And that is a GOOD thing. Reagan was FAR too trusting of Dim promises,and it ruined his presidency.

Online libertybele

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2020, 12:43:41 pm »
No, you're not alone in that thinking.  His reputation was left in tatters after that run.  I see his "conversion" as more of an attempt to rebuild it, rather than agreement with POTUS.  It's not the first time he has sniped and it won't be his last.

Again ... quoting the very beginning of the article ...

“So many of us are so sick and tired of Republicans that roll over and whimper when encountering the slightest resistance. And I think probably the best characteristic about the president is he’s got a backbone. And he will fight,” Cruz told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt, when asked how the president has changed the Republican Party.

Amen Ted...Amen!!!

Don't see this as swiping at the President at all ... and yes .... he said that his tweets have become coarsened which is a concern (especially before an election)....but Cruz IS correct in what he says ... Trump has BACKBONE and he WILL FIGHT.  I don't think anyone can dispute that.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.