Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 108044 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #950 on: May 25, 2021, 06:37:32 pm »
You have not earned your Texas card unless you've seen ZZ Top at least twice.  :cool:
d

My wedding present to my wife was tickets to ZZ Top at the Summit before it turned into the church.

My father-in-law used to play golf with Frank Beard at Quail Valley Country Club in Missouri City, Texas.  Does the golf count as concerts?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #951 on: May 25, 2021, 06:49:32 pm »
@thackney

If it was still called the Summit, you're dating yourself.
 :cool:

Offline thackney

« Reply #952 on: May 25, 2021, 07:05:42 pm »
@thackney

If it was still called the Summit, you're dating yourself.
 :cool:

Back to the days when I worked at Houston Looting and Plunder in Greenway Plaza.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #953 on: May 26, 2021, 05:43:04 am »
I once worked on Richmond just a couple of blocks away from the Summit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #954 on: May 26, 2021, 07:08:27 am »
d

My wedding present to my wife was tickets to ZZ Top at the Summit before it turned into the church.

My father-in-law used to play golf with Frank Beard at Quail Valley Country Club in Missouri City, Texas.  Does the golf count as concerts?

My Best Man, who was about 10 years older than me was a guitarist for a local band, and he and his band would function as road crew for ZZ Top when they made their once per month (average) visit to that bar in the late '60's, very early '70's.  ZZ Top would take a path from Austin-Houston-Beaumont-Lake Charles- Lafayette- Baton Rouge-NOLA back and forth.

No accident the two best Rock'n Blues guys in history are from Texas. (Gibbons and Vaughn)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #955 on: May 26, 2021, 11:35:20 am »
I once worked on Richmond just a couple of blocks away from the Summit.

Between 1989 and 1992? 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #956 on: May 26, 2021, 01:09:50 pm »
Back to the days when I worked at Houston Looting and Plunder in Greenway Plaza.

LOL, my green electrical box in my back yard was old enough to have an H L & P sticker on it, with just the 7 digit phone number.
It has since been replaced.
I worked down the street form the Maxwell House plant from 1984 until 2004.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #957 on: May 26, 2021, 05:24:44 pm »
Nolte: Democrat-Run Portland Hit with More Riots on George Floyd Anniversary

John Nolte 26 May 2021

Things got so bad in Democrat-run Portland, Oregon, on Monday that some in the establishment, who generally seek to ignore and downplay Portland’s ongoing, left-wing rioting, actually felt the need to cover it.

Far-left ABC News: “Police declare riot in Portland as protesters mark 1 year since George Floyd’s death”

Far-left NBC News: “Police declare riot after George Floyd commemoration in Portland”

Far-left Oregonian: “Portland police declare riot, arrest 5, as marchers break windows on anniversary of George Floyd’s murder”

Actually, to anyone who’s been paying attention to the ongoing destruction of Portland at the hands of the left-wing terrorists in Antifa and Black Lives Matter, the only real news is that the media expressed some interest yesterday. The rioting itself is the usual-usual.

But even by Portland standards, things got ugly in that doomed Deep Blue City. Check this out from indispensable independent journalist Andy Ngo…

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1397416321781059585

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/05/26/nolte-democrat-run-portland-hit-more-riots-george-floyd-anniversary/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

« Reply #958 on: May 26, 2021, 06:07:20 pm »
It amazes me that this crap is still going on.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #959 on: May 26, 2021, 06:24:04 pm »
They had to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the death of St. George somehow. Apparently, baking a cake was too much trouble.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1397619193030189056
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2021, 01:56:53 am »
Until the people of Portland/Oregon take action.....

BassWrangler

« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2021, 05:18:57 am »
Until the people of Portland/Oregon take action.....

Seen every one of those Death Wish movies, including the remake with Bruce Willis. Loved them all.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #962 on: May 28, 2021, 04:34:51 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #964 on: May 29, 2021, 03:31:41 pm »
They had to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the death of St. George somehow. Apparently, baking a cake was too much trouble.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1397619193030189056

@mountaineer

I live in a rural area,where,AFAIK,the last "racial incident" here was in the 1920's. Yet,there is a local thug wannabe (hard to be a urban thug when there is no "urban" around) is now riding around in a cheap 4dr economy car of some sort that he has "BLM" and "Bleep Your Badge" painted all over it in big letters. Has a couple of missing hubcaps and some dents,and he drives like a maniac,so MY best guess is his dream is to become a local "star" on the "Ebenin news".

Sooner or later,some deputy is going to stop him for speeding in the McDonalds parking lot,he is going to get mouthy,and then he is going to get the snot beaten out of him.

Who knows,it might lead him into a career as a successful rap star? Or at least several thousand bucks after his  NAACP lawyers take their cut of the settlement.

He ain't going to get the teebee fame and  fortune he seeks unless he moves to a city,though. If he does,he faces stiff competition from the pros who have done nothing else their entire lives than scam and commit crimes,and chances are THEY will also beat the snot out of him for cutting into their game.

Or worse.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #965 on: May 30, 2021, 01:47:14 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

BassWrangler

« Reply #966 on: May 31, 2021, 03:58:01 pm »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #967 on: June 01, 2021, 03:48:48 pm »
Nolte: Blacks Murdered at ‘Near-Historic Rates’ in Democrat-Run Portland

John Nolte 1 Jun 2021

Things are now so bad in Democrat-run Portland, the far-left Washington Post has been forced to acknowledge not only how bad things are, but that the Defund the Police movement has proven to be a disaster (gee, what a shock), left-wing anarchists are causing havoc (no shit), and black people are bearing a disproportionate brunt of the fallout (which is always the case with Democrats in charge).

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2021/06/01/nolte-blacks-murdered-near-historic-rates-democrat-run-portland/
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #968 on: June 03, 2021, 12:51:39 pm »
Andy Ngô
@MrAndyNgo
Statement on May 28, 2021 Antifa assault:
No journalist in America should ever face violence for doing his or her job.
Yet on Friday, May 28, Antifa tried to kill me again while I was reporting on the ongoing protests and riots in Portland, Ore. for a new chapter of my book, “Unmasked: Inside Antifa’s Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy.”

I was chased, attacked and beaten by a masked mob, baying for my blood.  ...

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1400266501601513475

Online Hoodat

« Reply #969 on: June 03, 2021, 01:41:46 pm »
More Democrat Party violence against Asians.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #970 on: June 04, 2021, 06:12:32 am »
More Democrat Party violence against Asians.
Funny how the folks pontificating about "hate crimes" are the main perpetrators.

I am pretty tired of Caucasians being blamed for the ills of everyone else's culturally self-inflicted wounds, just because of the color of our skin.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

BassWrangler

« Reply #971 on: June 04, 2021, 06:21:47 am »
Funny how the folks pontificating about "hate crimes" are the main perpetrators.

I am pretty tired of Caucasians being blamed for the ills of everyone else's culturally self-inflicted wounds, just because of the color of our skin.

Yeah, it sucks, but get used to it because it'll get much worse before it gets better.

Online mountaineer

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #973 on: June 16, 2021, 08:41:34 pm »
Blacks suffer the most, true. But they keep voting Democrat anyway, so let them suffer.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #974 on: June 17, 2021, 05:52:52 pm »
Entire team of Portland officers resign from ‘riot squad’ when colleague is indicted over BLM battle
June 17, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

A team of  Portland, Oregon police officers who respond to disobedience, protests and riots has reportedly disbanded in response to one of their fellow officers being indicted for allegedly assaulting a Black Lives Matter rioter last year.

On Tuesday, a grand jury indicted Portland Police Bureau Ofc. Corey Budworth, a member of the department’s voluntary Rapid Response Team, on fourth-degree assault charges as per allegations he attacked a rioter during the violent riots of last summer.

“Earlier this afternoon, my office filed a criminal assault charge against Portland Police Officer Corey Budworth stemming from what we allege to be an excessive and unlawful use of force on August 18, 2020 during a political protest,” Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt, a Democrat, announced in a statement.

He went on to accuse Budworth of having “crossed” a line and having used “excessive” force that “lacks a justification.”

The charge against Budworth stems from what happened on Aug. 18th, when, in response to violent rioting, the Rapid Response Team was forced to conduct several “legal” arrests.

While doing this, it appears they were continually pestered by left-wing activists like Teri Jacobs, who can be seen toward the end of the clip below standing with her “shield” only feet away from several officers who were in the middle of an arrest:

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/17/entire-team-of-portland-officers-resign-from-riot-squad-when-colleague-is-indicted-over-blm-battle-1090261/
Support the USO