Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 105687 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #925 on: May 08, 2021, 08:34:48 pm »
He's an idiot for having gotten out of his car and brandished a firearm he wasn't prepared to use. There were multiple antifa wielding long guns surrounding his truck. If he was in fear for his life, the correct action in that situation is to floor it. If you get out if the vehicle and draw your pistol, you better be prepared to use  it. Instead he let himself get disarmed and then got his ass kicked.

@BassWrangler

No kidding. Some people have watched too many movies,and seem to think a handgun is some sort of magic wand. He's damn lucky he wasn't killed by one of the ANTIFA creeps who would then get away with it by claiming self-defense.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

« Reply #926 on: May 08, 2021, 08:40:38 pm »
@BassWrangler

No kidding. Some people have watched too many movies,and seem to think a handgun is some sort of magic wand. He's damn lucky he wasn't killed by one of the ANTIFA creeps who would then get away with it by claiming self-defense.

@sneakypete

Exactly.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #927 on: May 09, 2021, 12:13:34 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

This is about six years old and I never get tired of it, the more I read about the antifa fascists becoming more aggressive and dangerous the more I think about it.

BassWrangler

« Reply #928 on: May 09, 2021, 01:23:40 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

This is about six years old and I never get tired of it, the more I read about the antifa fascists becoming more aggressive and dangerous the more I think about it.

Wouldn't that be awesome?!? Better if it dispensed napalm though - something that sticks to the low-lifes.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #929 on: May 09, 2021, 02:53:08 am »
Wouldn't that be awesome?!? Better if it dispensed napalm though - something that sticks to the low-lifes.
:pondering: Tar and feathers? Or is that too passive aggressive?

It's a sad day when you have to make your recreational vehicle your daily driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPcAEBM5krc

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #930 on: May 09, 2021, 03:31:51 am »
Bring back Greek Fire.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #931 on: May 09, 2021, 03:39:40 am »
Bring back Greek Fire.
White phosphorous...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #932 on: May 09, 2021, 05:07:42 am »
@sneakypete

Exactly.

@BassWrangler

I've been in a few "for real" gun fights involving automatic weapons,grenades,grenade launchers,etc,etc,etc.

I have also been in a couple of "face offs" with potential attackers while armed with a concealed handgun,and none of them ever got to the point where I felt like I HAD to pull the gun.

Good thing,too. If I feel like I have to pull a gun on you,you WILL be shot.

IMNSHO,firearms are NOT for intimidating people. They are for self-defense,and the best way to defend yourself is to kill your attackers. If you are not willing to do that,you should not only leave your gun in the holster,you should leave the gun and the holster at home.

Everybody CAN back away from a potential violent confrontation right up to the point where firearms are displayed while threats are shouted. The ONLY people who can afford to play those cowboy games are cops in uniform,or cops holding a badge in their hand,and the reason for this is EVERYBODY knows if you shoot,and especially if you kill a cop,your life is OVER one way or another. Even if you get away,the cops will NEVER stop looking for you and there is nothing they won't do to find you.

Kill another random citizen,not so much.

BassWrangler

« Reply #933 on: May 09, 2021, 05:55:44 am »
@BassWrangler

I've been in a few "for real" gun fights involving automatic weapons,grenades,grenade launchers,etc,etc,etc.

I have also been in a couple of "face offs" with potential attackers while armed with a concealed handgun,and none of them ever got to the point where I felt like I HAD to pull the gun.

Good thing,too. If I feel like I have to pull a gun on you,you WILL be shot.

IMNSHO,firearms are NOT for intimidating people. They are for self-defense,and the best way to defend yourself is to kill your attackers. If you are not willing to do that,you should not only leave your gun in the holster,you should leave the gun and the holster at home.

Everybody CAN back away from a potential violent confrontation right up to the point where firearms are displayed while threats are shouted. The ONLY people who can afford to play those cowboy games are cops in uniform,or cops holding a badge in their hand,and the reason for this is EVERYBODY knows if you shoot,and especially if you kill a cop,your life is OVER one way or another. Even if you get away,the cops will NEVER stop looking for you and there is nothing they won't do to find you.

Kill another random citizen,not so much.

@sneakypete

I know you've got more experience than most in this area. For sure there are some people that think the firearm is something to pull out to serve as a deterrent. But I think that for some people the issue might be that they've told themselves they'll use the firearm, but then when they get into the situation where the rubber hits the road, they hesitate or can't go through with it. And it's hard to know if you'll do that or not until it's too late. All the more reason to de-escalate, de-ass the area, or - even better - don't get in the situation in the first place.

But in any event, that guy who got out of his truck was an idiot even if he planned on using the pistol. And he would have been at an even larger disadvantage if he had drawn the weapon and attempted to use it from within the truck. His best option was to floor it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 05:58:27 am by BassWrangler »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #934 on: May 09, 2021, 06:14:41 am »
@sneakypete

I know you've got more experience than most in this area. For sure there are some people that think the firearm is something to pull out to serve as a deterrent. But I think that for some people the issue might be that they've told themselves they'll use the firearm, but then when they get into the situation where the rubber hits the road, they hesitate or can't go through with it. And it's hard to know if you'll do that or not until it's too late. All the more reason to de-escalate, de-ass the area, or - even better - don't get in the situation in the first place.

But in any event, that guy who got out of his truck was an idiot even if he planned on using the pistol. And he would have been at an even larger disadvantage if he had drawn the weapon and attempted to use it from within the truck. His best option was to floor it.

@BassWrangler

The best self-defense weapon is your own judgement. Do NOT let your ego get in the way of your survival. After all,what the hell do you REALLY care if some clown ends up thinking he made you back down? YOU know better,and can be proud of yourself for allowing your mind to control your ego.

And like you noted,there is no way in HELL that ANYBODY could have survived a gunfight with a handgun while surrounded by opponents carrying rifles. It just ain't going to happen. Go down firing if you MUST,but do NOT be the one that starts the shooting.

As far as that goes,the definitive description for the best way to survive a gunfight is to not get into a gun fight if you can avoid it,and step number one is to NOT pull a gun unless you are convinced that you have no other option than to start shooting. If this means allowing the other guy to talk trash about you,let him talk trash. Doesn't mean a single damn thing other than he is a fool.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:17:26 am by sneakypete »

BassWrangler

« Reply #935 on: May 09, 2021, 06:56:28 am »
@BassWrangler

The best self-defense weapon is your own judgement. Do NOT let your ego get in the way of your survival. After all,what the hell do you REALLY care if some clown ends up thinking he made you back down? YOU know better,and can be proud of yourself for allowing your mind to control your ego.

And like you noted,there is no way in HELL that ANYBODY could have survived a gunfight with a handgun while surrounded by opponents carrying rifles. It just ain't going to happen. Go down firing if you MUST,but do NOT be the one that starts the shooting.

As far as that goes,the definitive description for the best way to survive a gunfight is to not get into a gun fight if you can avoid it,and step number one is to NOT pull a gun unless you are convinced that you have no other option than to start shooting. If this means allowing the other guy to talk trash about you,let him talk trash. Doesn't mean a single damn thing other than he is a fool.

@sneakypete
Good advice, for sure.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #936 on: May 09, 2021, 02:01:20 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #937 on: May 09, 2021, 02:02:11 pm »
You have put out some VERY good advice on this thread @sneakypete I will endeavor to heed it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #938 on: May 09, 2021, 02:07:13 pm »
:pondering: Tar and feathers? Or is that too passive aggressive?

It's a sad day when you have to make your recreational vehicle your daily driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPcAEBM5krc

Or perhaps the RV chemical toilet tank could be converted to spray outwards.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #939 on: May 09, 2021, 09:00:12 pm »
You have put out some VERY good advice on this thread @sneakypete I will endeavor to heed it.

@Bigun

Thanks!

Offline DB

« Reply #940 on: May 09, 2021, 09:12:47 pm »
I can... I have experience. We muzzled 5 skunks and turned em loose in the high school cafeteria...

LOL!

I only epoxied the door locks to one of the class rooms...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #941 on: May 17, 2021, 09:06:23 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #942 on: May 20, 2021, 06:04:44 pm »
Andy Ngô
@MrAndyNgo
An #antifa housing collective in Portland has put up an ad for an 8’x8’ corner of a room with a shower curtain. It’ll cost you $302 plus $100 in utilities a month. And you have to be okay with the place doubling as a prostitution facility. My new report:

12:58 PM · May 20, 2021·

May 20, 2021 11:18 AM EST
Ad for room rental in Portland Antifa ‘whorehouse’ goes viral
An online advertisement for a room opening in an Antifa housing collective and unregulated prostitution facility in Portland has gone viral after being met by a barrage of ridicule by social media users.
Andy Ngo and Mia Cathell

An online advertisement for a room opening in an Antifa housing collective and unregulated prostitution facility in Portland has gone viral after being met by a barrage of ridicule by social media users.

An advertisement for Creature’s Co-Op was posted on Facebook seeking a “secret roommate” to reside in an eight feet by eight feet corner of a living room built out of recycled doors and a shower curtain for $302 a month, including other charges. Screenshots from the advertisement were posted on Twitter last week, prompting thousands of retweets and comments ridiculing the advert’s stringent and bizarre rules.

The Twitter user who uploaded the screenshots of the advert called the housing offer an “exploitative scam nightmare” trying to take advantage of people in desperate need. ...
Post Millennial
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #943 on: May 20, 2021, 06:09:07 pm »
May 20, 2021 11:18 AM EST
Ad for room rental in Portland Antifa ‘whorehouse’ goes viral
Post Millennial

@corbe

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #944 on: May 20, 2021, 07:59:17 pm »
   Been there, done that @Hoodat 
   Apparently the girls in Texas are slimmer and prettier.

ZZ Top - La Grange (Live From Gruene Hall)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg9cNGHl-bg
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #945 on: May 20, 2021, 08:06:44 pm »
Back at ya

Just Got Paid

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #946 on: May 20, 2021, 09:03:57 pm »
You have not earned your Texas card unless you've seen ZZ Top at least twice.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #947 on: May 20, 2021, 09:49:32 pm »
You have not earned your Texas card unless you've seen ZZ Top at least twice.  :cool:

ZZ was my first concert. Kalamazoo MI, 1975.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #948 on: May 20, 2021, 09:52:14 pm »
I stood outside selling beers on the I-610 parking lot while they warmed up in the Astrodome for a Sunday afternoon concert.  Does that count?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #949 on: May 21, 2021, 05:31:20 pm »

Well I have only seen them once, but I did see Billy Gibbons in the audience at Billy Blues, listening to Duke Robillard.
I think this counts.
 :cool: