Author Topic: Battle Portland:  (Read 108531 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Battle Portland:
« Reply #1175 on: August 28, 2022, 09:15:57 pm »
@sneakypete

Nothing will change until they do - And that will bring their elected government directly to bear against those that do rise up... Which will be step two... If they do not rise up and throw those bastards out too, it will just revert to form.

Quite a dilemma for the sheeple. It's gonna take some stones.

@roamer_1

Like all good revolutions,IF it begins,it will begin with some lone man or woman who  is completely fed up with what they see going on,and revolt to the point where they physically attack one or more of these communist cretins.

This could go one or two ways. If everyone around him or her is a coward that craves "getting along by going along",chances are that lone revolunist will end up dead or beaten so severely they might as well be dead. If there is one thing we KNOW to be a fact about these leftist cretins is they are cowards who gain their strength from being a part of a mob.

On the other hand,IF just ONE bystander rushes to back up the person making the attack on the communists,chances are THAT will result in others joining in also,and we ALL know that once conservatives,who really are slow to turn to violence,DO turn to violence,they get serious about it REAL quickly.

As for me,I highly recommend public hangings for the "up until the right starts fighting back" nameless and faceless leftist "leaders" who tend to "lead" from at least a block away via a cell phone.

I can't speak for the rest of you,but *I* would buy a ticket to THAT social event.

Providing of course I wasn't so tired from denting leftist heads that I was too tired to go.

Related to absolutely nothing at all,an army entrenching tool is compact,easy to carry and swing,and will absolutely crack a motorcycle helmet if swung with vigor,or just break the neck wearing the helmet.

They are also cheap,easy to hide under a coat,and damn near impossible to break. Check your surplus stores near you or on-line.

Either way is a win-win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1176 on: August 28, 2022, 10:25:06 pm »
@roamer_1

Like all good revolutions,IF it begins,it will begin with some lone man or woman who  is completely fed up

[...]

IF just ONE bystander rushes to back up the person making the attack on the communists,chances are THAT will result in others joining in also,and we ALL know that once conservatives,who really are slow to turn to violence,DO turn to violence,they get serious about it REAL quickly.

@sneakypete

That's right... though there is an intermediate time thereafter where actual organization must take place and squads or patrols are established to go after the commies when they dare poke their heads out. Kinda what the proud boys did to start with. That's the touchy part, where you have a good chance of becoming the same dang thing you are fighting against... that's the razor's edge. Easy to start something, and harder to quit, and put away the sword and pick up the plow.

Related to absolutely nothing at all,an army entrenching tool is compact,easy to carry and swing,and will absolutely crack a motorcycle helmet if swung with vigor,or just break the neck wearing the helmet.

They are also cheap,easy to hide under a coat,and damn near impossible to break. Check your surplus stores near you or on-line.

Either way is a win-win.

I carry something similar... Check this out:

https://www.coldsteel.com/special-forces-shovel/

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1177 on: August 28, 2022, 11:23:46 pm »
BTW @sneakypete

I would about give my eyeteeth for a proper Nam era gvt issue shovel (with the hoe) - They are just about hen's teeth anymore... and the copies available in the aftermarket are all crap.

I wish Ames would make another run of em. I would buy a couple, for sure.

But that's what brought me to the cold steel Spetznaz one... Couldn't find an Ames in good condition. One nice thing about the Cold Steel - You can whittle a handle for it in a pinch. And I have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1178 on: August 29, 2022, 12:23:20 am »
@sneakypete

That's right... though there is an intermediate time thereafter where actual organization must take place and squads or patrols are established to go after the commies when they dare poke their heads out. Kinda what the proud boys did to start with. That's the touchy part, where you have a good chance of becoming the same dang thing you are fighting against... that's the razor's edge. Easy to start something, and harder to quit, and put away the sword and pick up the plow.

I carry something similar... Check this out:

https://www.coldsteel.com/special-forces-shovel/

@roamer_1

I spent right at 7 years in Special Forces,and never once saw a shovel that looked like that one.

The fact it,the army "entrenching tool" just can't be beaten by any shovel not attached to a backhoe. It folds to make it shorter and easier to pack/carry,and it even has a spike that allows you to bust up clay chunks while the shovel blade is folded out of the way. The shovel blade itself is designed to be sharpened and it holds a edge pretty good.

Yeah,it IS heavy. There ain't no getting around that. BUT,on the plus side,I have never seen,or even heard of one being broken unless it was ran over by something like a tank.

It is both a tool and a VERY effective weapon that folds up and fits inside it's own canvas carrying pouch.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1179 on: August 29, 2022, 12:37:55 am »
@roamer_1

I spent right at 7 years in Special Forces,and never once saw a shovel that looked like that one.

The fact it,the army "entrenching tool" just can't be beaten by any shovel not attached to a backhoe. It folds to make it shorter and easier to pack/carry,and it even has a spike that allows you to bust up clay chunks while the shovel blade is folded out of the way. The shovel blade itself is designed to be sharpened and it holds a edge pretty good.

Yeah,it IS heavy. There ain't no getting around that. BUT,on the plus side,I have never seen,or even heard of one being broken unless it was ran over by something like a tank.

It is both a tool and a VERY effective weapon that folds up and fits inside it's own canvas carrying pouch.

That's right @sneakypete ... What you are referring to is the Nam era tool made by Ames. As I opined in my last post above this one, that tool is almost impossible to find anymore...

I would rather carry the early Ames tool (the straight wooden handle without the 'D' handle), as I have owned two in my entire career - Extremely effective, extremely reliable.

Next best is the Cold Steel one I have now... Less moving parts, and a sturdy wooden handle. Worst part about it is pack real estate - but I solved that with a sleeve on the left side of my pack that allows a through-way behind the pouches on that side, against the main pack... So it just slides in there and rides fine. I hardly even tie it down unless the bag is being shipped or I am crossing water.

It is a great shovel, though I would still prefer an Ames.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1180 on: August 29, 2022, 04:17:19 am »
That's right @sneakypete ... What you are referring to is the Nam era tool made by Ames. As I opined in my last post above this one, that tool is almost impossible to find anymore...

I would rather carry the early Ames tool (the straight wooden handle without the 'D' handle), as I have owned two in my entire career - Extremely effective, extremely reliable.

Next best is the Cold Steel one I have now... Less moving parts, and a sturdy wooden handle. Worst part about it is pack real estate - but I solved that with a sleeve on the left side of my pack that allows a through-way behind the pouches on that side, against the main pack... So it just slides in there and rides fine. I hardly even tie it down unless the bag is being shipped or I am crossing water.

It is a great shovel, though I would still prefer an Ames.
https://www.amazon.com/s?https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Ames+army+entrenching+shovel&crid=20491ZQU99NBQ&sprefix=ames+army+entrenching+shovel%2Caps%2C717&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=ames+army+entrenching+tool&_sacat=0

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1181 on: August 29, 2022, 05:34:58 am »
https://www.amazon.com/s?https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Ames+army+entrenching+shovel&crid=20491ZQU99NBQ&sprefix=ames+army+entrenching+shovel%2Caps%2C717&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=ames+army+entrenching+tool&_sacat=0

Thanks for that... but been there, done that... None of the stuff on Amazon is worthy - First off, anything with a D handle is undesirable - The simple connection where the d handle hits the shaft will fail quickly and always at an inopportune time... And that renders the tool entirely useless. Which is why I want the old style wooden handle. If that fails, you can whittle a new one and get by.

Actually the first entry on ebay is exactly what I want... Nam era with a wooden handle. The older WWII era stuff is not the same, and will not hold up as well. But I have bought four of them off of ebay since they went away at the local Army/Navy store, and all of them were just as wore out as the one I was trying to replace... Army/Navy had war surplus (new)... Buying used is a crapshoot that I have already lost at several times.

You can rebuild em some, but if the threaded collar has been used enough, the thing will not stay tight... You can even fix that up a bit with a brass thrust washer beneath the collar, but eventually it is too wore out to work.

So far that as been a bad experience, so I will stick with the new Cold Steel without sourcing a new surplus Ames.

:beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1182 on: August 29, 2022, 01:13:48 pm »
Thanks for that... but been there, done that... None of the stuff on Amazon is worthy - First off, anything with a D handle is undesirable - The simple connection where the d handle hits the shaft will fail quickly and always at an inopportune time... And that renders the tool entirely useless. Which is why I want the old style wooden handle. If that fails, you can whittle a new one and get by.

Actually the first entry on ebay is exactly what I want... Nam era with a wooden handle. The older WWII era stuff is not the same, and will not hold up as well. But I have bought four of them off of ebay since they went away at the local Army/Navy store, and all of them were just as wore out as the one I was trying to replace... Army/Navy had war surplus (new)... Buying used is a crapshoot that I have already lost at several times.

You can rebuild em some, but if the threaded collar has been used enough, the thing will not stay tight... You can even fix that up a bit with a brass thrust washer beneath the collar, but eventually it is too wore out to work.

So far that as been a bad experience, so I will stick with the new Cold Steel without sourcing a new surplus Ames.

Yes, to ALL of that!  I want an actual early Vietnam era Army issue entrenching tool with a WOODEN handle.  IF you find out where I can get one of those, PLEASE be kind enough to pass that info on to me @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1183 on: August 29, 2022, 02:52:23 pm »
Yes, to ALL of that!  I want an actual early Vietnam era Army issue entrenching tool with a WOODEN handle.  IF you find out where I can get one of those, PLEASE be kind enough to pass that info on to me @roamer_1

Happily, @Bigun !
In the mean time, try the Cold Steel tool. You will not be disappointed... Providing you can get around its length.  :beer:

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1184 on: August 29, 2022, 09:18:36 pm »

Yup I miss the Army surplus stores, had a huge one nearby that went belly up late seventies and another that died just a few years back that was really cool, even had four surplus B-17 engines but life goes on.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1185 on: August 29, 2022, 09:47:11 pm »
Yup I miss the Army surplus stores, had a huge one nearby that went belly up late seventies and another that died just a few years back that was really cool, even had four surplus B-17 engines but life goes on.

Yeah... Ours is still here... But very little of it is actual surplus. Mostly cheap knockoff chineseum. What surplus there is is ridiculously expensive - There was a complete US sleep system in good used condition... the inner bag, the intermediate bag, the outer bag, and the bivvy. Now, at the time, in good used condition, I could buy that for between 350 and 500 bucks most anywhere... They wanted $1300. That's just insult to injury. But I can buy a crappy chinese knockoff replica rain poncho there for 15 bucks. Go figger.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1186 on: August 30, 2022, 10:11:22 pm »
Andy Ngo reports: Video of a street takeover near the Portland Expo Center on Aug. 28 shows an elderly driver in a van trying to flee. The rioters shot up his vehicle & shoot him (his condition is unknown). Bullets by the rioters hit 2 on their own side, killing 1. Police made no arrests.

Also on Aug. 28, rioters took over another part of Portland for a street car event. At the intersection of NE 72nd & Sandy, they used flamethrowers.  Police did not make arrests because of historic low staffing numbers following 2020 #Antifa riots.

Click on link for video and more:

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1564564109428985857
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #1187 on: August 30, 2022, 10:40:51 pm »
Effin' savages are so entrenched it's going to take USMC and Army troops proficient in urban combat to rid Portland of those ticks...IF Portland decides to ever get sane.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1188 on: August 30, 2022, 11:03:16 pm »
More:
Aug 30, 2022 4:11 PM EST
The Post-Millennial
ANDY NGO REPORTS: Portland street mob shoots at elderly driver, accidentally kills one of their own
In addition to the elderly man who appeared to be shot, two participants of the takeover were also injured by gunfire, leading to the death of 20-year-old Cameron Taylor.

... At one of the street racing takeovers on Sunday night near the Expo Center attended by hundreds, an elderly man in a van appeared to be caught in the road before being violently attacked by an armed mob. Video posted on social media shows that as he desperately attempted to reverse and drive away while being attacked, he backed into a car.

A man in the crowd then fires at least 18 rounds at his fleeing van. A follow-up video shows the crowd catching up with the elderly man who had stopped on a patch of grass. He appeared to be in shock and was bleeding heavily. ...

In addition to the elderly man who appeared to be shot, two participants of the takeover were also injured by gunfire, leading to the death of 20-year-old Cameron Taylor. A $20,000 GoFundMe campaign for his funeral says he was "struck by a stray bullet."  ...

"My boys (sic) lifelong friend was killed last night at the street takeover," said Portland Antifa account "@burn_itdown_161" in a post promoting a candlelight vigil and GoFundMe for Taylor on Monday. ...
You idiots are the ones who killed him. Now you're asking for donations?

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1189 on: August 31, 2022, 12:11:36 am »
Effin' savages are so entrenched it's going to take USMC and Army troops proficient in urban combat to rid Portland of those ticks...IF Portland decides to ever get sane.
Eff em, evacuate any innocents, give the terrorists 2 hours(too much?) to surrender then drop a friggin FAE on the area, its crap anyway. Then go in and rebuild and next time the terrorist BLM or Antifa show up eliminate them with extreme prejudice and as Justin Wilson used to say ''I gha-rawn-tee! '' that those terrorists will think twice about stirring up shit again, maybe keep some snipers on duty as insurance.

And until that happens organize some Kersey Brigades, I mean lots of hunters in Oregon and Washington right?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 12:15:07 am by GtHawk »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1190 on: September 05, 2022, 05:57:27 pm »
This seems to be a popular pasttime in PDX these days.

https://twitter.com/Wtfportland1/status/1566645688074915840

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1191 on: September 05, 2022, 06:06:07 pm »
This seems to be a popular pasttime in PDX these days.

https://twitter.com/Wtfportland1/status/1566645688074915840

@mountaineer

Some people are just so dumb they are easily amused.

Just imagine the pride you can wallow in after being able to prove you know how to drive in circles!

Online GtHawk

« Reply #1192 on: September 05, 2022, 06:13:10 pm »
@mountaineer

Some people are just so dumb they are easily amused.

Just imagine the pride you can wallow in after being able to prove you know how to drive in circles!
Welcome to The Dunderhead Zone!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1193 on: September 06, 2022, 08:03:38 am »
It can only be a matter of time until they start squirting fire at each other.

Then things will get interesting...

:pondering:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #1194 on: September 07, 2022, 10:35:20 pm »
A perfect place to bus ILLEGALS!

Portland residents flee as homeless fill neighborhood parks, crime surges: 'Infinite final straws'

Portland, Oregon, residents are outraged, blaming far-left politicians for the homeless crisis and crime surge fueling an exodus from the city.

Jeff Reynolds, who recently moved from the city, and The Fields Bar & Grill owner Jim Rice joined "Fox & Friends First" on Wednesday to discuss how the crises in the Democrat-run city have impacted the community and why politicians are to blame for the spiral.

"I think it really is a matter of not wanting to confront the problems," Reynolds told co-host Todd Piro. "I think the problems are so big, and they want to hold on to their woke ideologies to the point that they're sacrificing actual public safety. They think that they've got the answers, and anybody that has a different idea is dismissed."

Reynolds lived in the city for almost three decades, but was forced to flee over what he called the "unbearable" circumstances.

"I don't know if there's one final straw there were infinite final straws," Reynolds said. "I guess talking to my neighbor across the street and all of the times that she told me that she had to clean up after homeless people defecated in her yard, that was a big one."
Just on the other side of the Delta Plex soccer field and a local park in Portland, Oregon, this homeless camp exists. These photos were taken Oct. 22, 2019, off of North Denver Avenue, where fall foliage is beautiful.

"And there was a park down the block from my house half a block away, beautiful nature park," he continued.

"They rehabbed it … and it was just infested with homeless people drugs, needles, people having sex in the park, people defecating in the park, the whole thing. I mean, it just got unbearable."............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/portland-residents-flee-homeless-fill-parks-neighborhoods-infinite-final-straws

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:36:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1195 on: September 07, 2022, 10:36:29 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1196 on: September 07, 2022, 10:38:16 pm »
A perfect place to bus ILLEGALS!

Hey, that is a good idea!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1197 on: September 08, 2022, 02:23:39 am »
I have zero sympathy. The Saint George Floyd riots were in full swing for 6 months when Portlandians voted to reelect the far left City Council. If 6 solid months of rioting and arson did not convince the fools, nothing will.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 02:24:36 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1198 on: September 09, 2022, 02:22:42 pm »
This is not a PDX crime story, per se, but most likely the consequence of the current lawlessness - and not just the Covid "pandemic" - in that city.
Three Hotels Approaching Foreclosure in the Heart of Portland Offer a Warning to City Leaders
“The banks are trying to keep these properties off the foreclosure list, because why would you want to take something back that you know is a bloody mess? But eventually they have to.”
By Sophie Peel
September 07, 2022 at 5:30 am PDT

In an era when people can work from anywhere, few choose downtown Portland.

That’s clear from a July study by ECONorthwest, not yet finalized, which shows that on any given day, there are 55% fewer workers downtown than there were before the pandemic. In the same report, consultants estimated it would take until 2034 for office vacancy in downtown Portland to drop below 10%—the ideal range.

One consequence of a hollowed-out downtown: fewer bookings at the city’s top hotels. Last week, wweek.com reported that the swanky Benson Hotel in downtown Portland complained of losing a corporate client that booked 300 rooms a month.

Now WW has learned that three high-end hotels in the downtown core—including the city’s flagship Hilton—are in foreclosure proceedings with the banks that issued their mortgages.

Such proceedings are the first signal that the emptiness of downtown Portland has reached a critical stage. ...

Last week, WW reported that the Benson had lost two large clients due to downtown conditions, per an email written by a top Benson executive and obtained by WW. “Too many homeless and crazy people running around. Suffice to say, I’m furious!” the executive wrote. ...
Full story at Willamette Week

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1199 on: September 10, 2022, 09:27:52 am »
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis