Author Topic: Churches turn to armed security guards as gunmen increasingly threaten houses of worship  (Read 45 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Churches turn to armed security guards as gunmen increasingly threaten houses of worship
By Michael Ruiz , Fox News
Published May 19, 2024, 6:28 p.m. ET
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:
Fox News
Hero who tackled Pennsylvania church gunman breaks silence: 'My pastor's life was in danger'
Pennsylvania man aims gun at pastor in church, interrupts sermon on video
Lakewood Church shooter identified as Genesse Ivonne Moreno; 'Palestine' written on gun
Security experts are increasingly urging U.S. churches to increase their safety measures after two near misses involving attempted shootings at houses of worship in different parts of the country this month.

Interest in doing so among congregations is also on the rise, they say.

Last week, a Pennsylvania man jumped out of his seat at the front of a church and tackled an armed man who walked up to the pulpit and tried to gun down a pastor mid-sermon.

A hero in the front row, Clarence McCallister, tackled and disarmed him.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/19/us-news/churches-turn-to-armed-volunteers-as-gunmen-threaten-pastors-worshippers/
« Last Edit: Today at 05:08:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder if these thugs are going to try to rob Synagogues too?  My guess is not since Islam is pretty much free from prosecution for shooting someone.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson