Author Topic: Media Outlets Are Misrepresenting Crime Stats To Biden’s Benefit  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Media Outlets Are Misrepresenting Crime Stats To Biden’s Benefit
© Tampa Free Press

Two of the federal government’s methods of measuring crime tell two different stories, complicating recent claims from the media and President Joe Biden that crime is declining.

Numerous media outlets have, in recent months, run headlines suggesting that crime is declining across the country. The statistics they’re citing, however, don’t tell the entire story.

The federal government has two ways of measuring crime, the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program. The former asks around 240,000 Americans if they’ve been the victim of a crime in the last year whereas the latter relies on crimes reported to police in a given year and shared with the bureau.

A gap has emerged between the two measures. More people are telling the Bureau of Justice Statistics that they’ve been victimized, but the FBI is reporting fewer crimes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/media-outlets-are-misrepresenting-crime-stats-to-biden-s-benefit/ar-AA1nIB5G?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ded8cc77642d4389fdd4a1a4d0041586&ei=86
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This plan will work as well as their plan telling Americans they are too dumb to see how good the economy is, the Feebs and major democrat news shlls can pretend all they want but people living in the real world are seeing the crime all around them...and in their local news. Who ya gonna believe your lying eyes or the lying Feebs?

Online Kamaji

The crime reporting rot goes all the way down to local police forces.  In leftwing municipalities, like NYC, crimes committed by members of the "privileged" ethnicities are underreported intentionally.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This plan will work as well as their plan telling Americans they are too dumb to see how good the economy is, the Feebs and major democrat news shlls can pretend all they want but people living in the real world are seeing the crime all around them...and in their local news. Who ya gonna believe your lying eyes or the lying Feebs?

Was invited to a Saturday evening dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  The joint was as big as a large grocery store.

It was packed.  Three dining rooms surrounded an open space bar that was chocked full of people...couldn't hear yourself think.

I estimated the gross receipts for that day to be about $150K to $200K.

Just shook my head...wondering what in the heck I was seeing.   :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Was invited to a Saturday evening dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.  The joint was as big as a large grocery store.

It was packed.  Three dining rooms surrounded an open space bar that was chocked full of people...couldn't hear yourself think.

I estimated the gross receipts for that day to be about $150K to $200K.

Just shook my head...wondering what in the heck I was seeing.   :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Credit Card debt, I am sooo glad I don't have any...cards or debt.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:54:05 pm by GtHawk »