Author Topic: Seattle coffee shop workers call 911 when homeless man causes disturbance; no officers arrive  (Read 61 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Seattle coffee shop workers call 911 when homeless man causes disturbance; no officers arrive
Video shows assault on Seattle cafe employees; police do not respond to inquiry
Pilar Arias By Pilar Arias Fox News
Published April 30, 2024 2:37pm EDT

A homeless man in Seattle was caught on camera causing a disturbance in an ice cream and coffee shop, and the small business's owner says police officers were not dispatched when his workers called 911.

The incident took place around 7 p.m. April 24 in the Pike Place Market area near Seattle's famous Gum Wall, according to Baxter & Frost owner Ian Halcott. Security camera footage shows a man wearing a beanie and hoodie with his hands in his front pockets talking to an employee before shoving things off a counter display, making a mess in the establishment.

A second clip shows the man pushing a movable display case at two workers, prompting one to pull a knife to defend himself and his coworker while the other grabbed a spatula and baking tray. The workers continued arguing with the man, before he left and a Pike Place Market security guard showed up.

"This video includes an assault on one of my employees as well as the destruction of my service counter by a deranged criminal," Halcott told radio host Jason Rantz in an email.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-coffee-shop-workers-call-911-when-homeless-man-causes-disturbance-no-officers-arrive
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson