Author Topic: Media Outlets Are Misrepresenting Crime Stats To Biden’s Benefit  (Read 43 times)

Kamaji, GtHawk and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Media Outlets Are Misrepresenting Crime Stats To Biden’s Benefit
© Tampa Free Press

Two of the federal government’s methods of measuring crime tell two different stories, complicating recent claims from the media and President Joe Biden that crime is declining.

Numerous media outlets have, in recent months, run headlines suggesting that crime is declining across the country. The statistics they’re citing, however, don’t tell the entire story.

The federal government has two ways of measuring crime, the Bureau of Justice Statistics’ National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program. The former asks around 240,000 Americans if they’ve been the victim of a crime in the last year whereas the latter relies on crimes reported to police in a given year and shared with the bureau.

A gap has emerged between the two measures. More people are telling the Bureau of Justice Statistics that they’ve been victimized, but the FBI is reporting fewer crimes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/media-outlets-are-misrepresenting-crime-stats-to-biden-s-benefit/ar-AA1nIB5G?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=ded8cc77642d4389fdd4a1a4d0041586&ei=86
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson