Author Topic: First presidential debate moves from Notre Dame to Case Western due to COVID-19  (Read 160 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First presidential debate moves from Notre Dame to Case Western due to COVID-19
By Jonathan Easley - 07/27/20 04:20 PM EDT

The first presidential debate in September has been moved from the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind., to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.

The move came after Notre Dame Rev. President John Jenkins announced the school would withdraw as host of the debate, saying the burdensome health precautions required would interfere with student education.

“I am grateful to the many members of the University community who have devoted countless hours planning this event, and to the Commission on Presidential Debates leadership for their professionalism and understanding,” Notre Dame president Rev. John Jenkins said in a statement. “But in the end, the constraints the coronavirus pandemic put on the event — as understandable and necessary as they are — have led us to withdraw.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/509242-notre-dame-withdraws-as-host-for-first-presidential-debate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If this debate actually happens it is going to be pure comedic entertainment.   :2popcorn:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If this debate actually happens it is going to be pure comedic entertainment.   :2popcorn:

...which is why it won't happen.  Shortbus Joe can't even handle an interview with Rat-friendly reporters like Chris Wallace.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The move came after Notre Dame Rev. President John Jenkins announced the school would withdraw as host of the debate, saying the burdensome health precautions required would interfere with student education."

This could serve as a precedent by which other venues may decline to participate.

The goal:
No real "debate" before a live audience.
Perhaps a "virtual" debate conducted in separate studios for each candidate, with the objective of propping up Biden's performance.