Author Topic: Joe Biden Left Scranton Long Ago  (Read 105 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Left Scranton Long Ago
« on: July 27, 2020, 01:45:06 pm »
July 27, 2020
Joe Biden Left Scranton Long Ago
By William Campenni

Joe Biden claims Scranton nativity (true) and Scranton values (not true).  A recent Biden campaign commercial shows the empty bedroom in his Scranton childhood home. That emptiness is a veritable vignette because Biden booked out of Scranton at age 10 when his family moved to Delaware.  The Scranton from which boy Biden decamped was still a fairly prosperous area.  The postwar boom was ongoing, the anthracite mines were busy, education was quality, manufacturing was booming -- coal, textiles, coffins, tank turrets, railroads, cabling -- a very busy place.

It was not a bad place to be.  I know.  I was born and raised in the Scranton area, contemporary to Joe Biden, if a couple of years older.  Neighbors looked out for one another in unlocked homes.  I spent six years in Scranton schools.  My family populates the local cemeteries (but they don't vote -- they were mostly Republicans).  I'm sure my skin patches still season the soil of those black culm dust ballfields.  My generational and follow-on relatives still live there.

It was a true melting pot of ethnics, mostly Catholic, quite a few Jews, and a scattering of WASPs.  If your name didn't end in a vowel or a z, or start with an O’ or Mc, you were suspect.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/07/joe_biden_left_scranton_long_ago.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Joe Biden Left Scranton Long Ago
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 01:52:13 pm »
... Joe's peers and contemporaries who stayed in Scranton also served in the military, defending America in much larger percentages than the rest of the country.  Not Joe, the football hero and conqueror of Cornpop. He suddenly developed asthma and made 4F after running out the student deferments.  But he obviously recovered so that he can challenge Trump and the occasional heckler he encounters to fisticuffs.  ...
I hadn't heard that. But we hear of Trump's bone spurs nonstop, ad nauseam, from the left.  Curious.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org