Author Topic: Why Marxist Organizations Like BLM Seek to Dismantle the "Western Nuclear Family"  (Read 171 times)

rangerrebew

Why Marxist Organizations Like BLM Seek to Dismantle the "Western Nuclear Family"

07/27/2020Bradley Thomas

One of the most oft-cited and criticized goals of the Black Lives Matter organization is its stated desire to abolish the family as we know it. Specifically, BLM’s official website states:

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

This idea isn’t unique to BLM, of course. “Disrupting” the “nuclear family” is a commonly stated goal among Maxist organizations. Given that BLM’s founders have specifically claimed to be “trained Marxists,” we should not be surprised that the organization's leadership has embraced a Marxian view of the family.

https://mises.org/wire/why-marxist-organizations-blm-seek-dismantle-western-nuclear-family

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Why Marxist Organizations Like BLM Seek to Dismantle the "Western Nuclear Family"

07/27/2020Bradley Thomas

One of the most oft-cited and criticized goals of the Black Lives Matter organization is its stated desire to abolish the family as we know it. Specifically, BLM’s official website states:

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

This idea isn’t unique to BLM, of course. “Disrupting” the “nuclear family” is a commonly stated goal among Maxist organizations. Given that BLM’s founders have specifically claimed to be “trained Marxists,” we should not be surprised that the organization's leadership has embraced a Marxian view of the family.

https://mises.org/wire/why-marxist-organizations-blm-seek-dismantle-western-nuclear-family

The notion of community raising children isn't necessarily a bad thing if there are shared values and trust among neighbors. Growing up in Alabama, if I misbehaved I was liable to get my ass kicked by the adult I acted up in front up and have a switch waiting for me when I got home as my mother or grandmother would have by then gotten a call. Teachers smacked us, principles paddled us. We were by and large, cowed and obedient children.
        Now, any black organization that doesn't recognize the importance of fathers in the home is a non-starter with me. There is not a single widespread ill that I can think of with black folks that doesn't have it's root in absentee, neglectful, irresponsible fathering.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
BLM has embraced the Russian Soviet model, and we know what happened to the USSR!  I have been there a number of times, and I have seen first hand the general poverty, post Soviet era too!

It was a major event when my MIL and wife together bought their first lipstick!  Both doctors in Russia and living paycheck to paycheck, marginally.  And the father was a doc too!