Author Topic: One person dead in shooting at protest in Downtown Austin  (Read 4166 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: One person dead in shooting at protest in Downtown Austin
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2020, 01:29:17 pm »
And this is another reason why one cannot afford to stay. @sneakypete

Black Lives Matter crowd demands Seattle homeowners 'give up' property: 'We coming for it'
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,411318.msg2267936.html#msg2267936

@IsailedawayfromFR

I would definitely get the hell out of there if I had a family with minor children. Would probably already be gone by now.

Howsumever,I don't have any children,so if I lived there,I would be waiting for the party to start with joy in my heart.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 01:36:48 pm »
A case of justifiable homicide if I haver ever seen one.  Now the obvious, make sure this thing isn't tried in Travis County.

Opps, just remembered this will be UCMJ case, if Sgt. was indeed on active duty. Any vets here want to speculate on how military court will rule? Or will this be now another rallying cry for the BLM / Antifa thugs to include the miltary as their topic for defunding.

@catfish1957

All depends on the base commander. He,or she,is almost certainly a "ring knocker" and will confer with the Pentagram to make sure they don't upset anyone and harm their after-retirement employment opportunities.

If it is someone fed up with the corruption,ready to retire,and doesn't give a squat about "Career 2",he's going to walk,with probably a fine for working a side job if he didn't have command permission. That way the army can say they have punished the wrongdoer,and the case is closed.

I confess to maybe being a little cynical about people who wear stars. I have seen a couple of seriously good "good guys" get corrupted by the system after getting a star or two,and turn into real shitheads.

After all,if genuine "good guys" can become dipshits after putting on a couple of stars,how do you think the "family connected prim a-donnas"were from Day One?

NO enlisted swine can be allowed to derail the career advancement of a prince,now,can they?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:40:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 01:52:37 pm »
Last time I visited 6th street at night, and in curiosity, was about 1980.  Even then, with all the crazys I didn't feel 100% safe.
It was a lot different place during that time.

Now it is more like a party street in New Orleans.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 02:01:36 pm »
It was a lot different place during that time.

Now it is more like a party street in New Orleans.

@IsailedawayfromFR

I don't know this from personal experience,but from what I have been told,having the New Orleans cops catch you interrupting the atmosphere on a NO "party street" is a good way to get your head thumped. They are there to protect the party as much as they are anything else.

Totally different kind of "party atmosphere" in Portland,and from what I have heard,there doesn't seem to be many police out on the streets there doing anything but protecting themselves.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2021, 01:33:05 pm »
So what is the status of this, is this guy charged or what? I certainly hope not.
UPDATE

Fort Hood sergeant indicted for murder in 2020 death of Austin protester
First Cavalry Division Sgt. Daniel Perry was released after posting a $300,000 bond.
By Staff
Published: Jul. 1, 2021 at 4:47 PM UTC|Updated: 14 hours ago

AUSTIN, Texas (KWTX) - First Cavalry Division Sgt. Daniel Perry, who shot and killed a protester at a Black Lives Matter protest in June 2020, in Austin, was released after a posting a $300,000 bond following his indictment Thursday in Travis County for murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

“Sgt. Perry will vigorously fight all of these charges,” Perry’s attorney, Clint Broden of Dallas, said after the indictment was handed up Thursday.

Garrett Foster, 28, was shot to death shortly before 10 p.m. July 25, 2020, at the corner of Congress Avenue and 4th Street in Austin after Perry, who was working as an Uber driver to earn extra money, turned from 4th Street onto Congress and encountered the protesters. ...  KWTX
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 02:12:45 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2021, 01:39:48 pm »
A feckless communist Austin DA is champing at the bit to go to trail and convict this "white supremacist".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2021, 01:48:14 pm »
If he's convicted I hope he's pardoned.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2021, 04:34:36 pm »
Soldier Charged With Murder After Shooting Armed BLM Protester
By Bonchie | Jul 02, 2021 12:00 PM ET

Sgt. Daniel Perry, a soldier in the US Army, has been charged with murder after killing a BLM protester last summer. This happened during the months of violence and destruction that occurred last year following George Floyd’s death. Cities across the nation were inundated with demonstrations, many of which devolved into rioting.

Perry was making extra money by driving for a ride-sharing service at the time. After dropping off a fare, he turned onto a street that was being blocked by what was ostensibly a protest. When he attempted to make his way through, people surrounded his car, beating on it. That’s when Garrett Foster approached him with an AK-variant rifle, pointed it at him, and demanded the window be rolled down. At that point, Perry feared for his life and discharged his firearm in what he felt was self-defense.

There is video that shows the scene, confirming that the car was, in fact, mobbed.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1287254021598674945

Because this is Austin, TX we are dealing with, Perry has now been charged with murder, indicted by a grand jury seated by a rabidly political district attorney.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1410806211109437441

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/07/02/soldier-charged-with-murder-after-shooting-armed-blm-protester-n405784
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2021, 07:28:42 pm »
This is why pardons exist.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2021, 07:36:05 pm »
Murder Charge?  He deserves a medal.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2021, 09:17:08 pm »
That’s when Garrett Foster approached him with an AK-variant rifle, pointed it at him, and demanded the window be rolled down. At that point, Perry feared for his life and discharged his firearm in what he felt was self-defense.
Pretty much a textbook definition of a justified shooting.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2021, 09:20:13 pm »

In every place in Texas accept Travis and Harris counties.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2021, 09:55:31 pm »

@mountaineer

Just ain't true. Non-blacks are NOT allowed to shoot or otherwise harm their black masters.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2021, 09:56:02 pm »
Does Texas governor Abbott have the power to pardon Mr. Perry RIGHT NOW, before a trial?

Because that's what he should do.

Some (even in this forum) will say, "the wheels of justice must turn first".
To which I reply, "nonsense".

The "wheels of justice" began turning when Garrett Foster raised his rifle towards Mr. Perry that night.
Those same wheels STOPPED turning when Mr. Perry raised HIS gun and fired in self-defense.

So there...!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2021, 10:09:32 pm »

I am 99% sure our stand your ground statutes applies to your vehicle when an assailant is pointing another fire arm at you and is in forward motion toward you   How there is even an indictment is utter bull shit.  This guy is a hero for ridding society of a BLM terrorist.  Not a criminal.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2021, 10:20:31 pm »
I am 99% sure our stand your ground statutes applies to your vehicle when an assailant is pointing another fire arm at you and is in forward motion toward you   How there is even an indictment is utter bull shit.  This guy is a hero for ridding society of a BLM terrorist.  Not a criminal.
Mr. M and I are members of our church security team. We've received training, but our instructor cautioned us that even in the most obviously justifiable shooting, there's still a likelihood of being arrested (even if charges are later dropped). In fact, he pretty much assured us we would be arrested, even if a shooter burst into the sanctuary, said, "I'm going to kill you all," and started firing just before I drilled him from the choir loft.

This is from a site that helps train church security workers:
Breaking Down Self Defense Laws

While laws vary between states, there are common terms throughout. Familiarize yourself with these terms. It will make understanding your state's laws much easier.

Imminent Threat

Self-defense laws generally require that force be used only when there is an imminent (immediate) physical threat to oneself or a third person (such as a spouse or child). It is not justified to use force against someone who makes a verbal attack.
Reasonable Belief

The law often looks at whether or not the person using self-defense had a reason to suspect they were in imminent danger. For example, if a stranger seems to be about to strike your head, it is reasonable to defend yourself. Because criminal charges can come into play, it is better to use other tactics than force except in the most serious of cases.

Duty to Retreat

Reasonable belief can be a reason to use force except that many laws also include a duty to retreat. This means that you may not use deadly force unless you first try to flee the situation.

Proportional Response

Proportional response means that the reaction must match the threat. These words require equal force. For example, if the attacker forcefully shoves someone, self-defense using proportional response would allow shoving back. However, once the attack stops you must stop fighting back. Otherwise, this is retaliation, not self-defense.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2021, 10:29:32 pm »
Mr. M and I are members of our church security team. We've received training, but our instructor cautioned us that even in the most obviously justifiable shooting, there's still a likelihood of being arrested (even if charges are later dropped). In fact, he pretty much assured us we would be arrested, even if a shooter burst into the sanctuary, said, "I'm going to kill you all," and started firing just before I drilled him from the choir loft.

This is from a site that helps train church security workers:
Looking down that list, this sure looks like a good shoot.

Imminent Threat: Unknown person in hostile crowd advancing with rifle pointed at the driver of the vehicle.

Duty to retreat: Despite Stand Your Ground Laws, the shooter was surrounded by hostile people beating on the car and blocking retreat or forward progress.

Proportional response: firearm vs firearm, the deceased came in second.

As for arguments about the intent of the deceased, all that is relevant is the impression given the driver, in that the entire group is hostile, acting out that hostility, has been known to be violent (especially toward random whites) and the deceased advanced with a firearm pointed toward the driver. That would be enough to cause any reasonable person to believe that they were in imminent danger of losing their life or being seriously wounded, and to use the means they had available in self-defense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2021, 11:27:02 pm »
Looking down that list, this sure looks like a good shoot.
Agreed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2021, 02:14:00 am »
I personally don't give a rabid rat's ass WHAT the law says. You PURPOSELY point a gun at me,I AM going to kill you!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2021, 03:44:56 am »
I personally don't give a rabid rat's ass WHAT the law says. You PURPOSELY point a gun at me,I AM going to kill you!
Better judged by 12 than carried by six, if it even comes to the dozen..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2021, 09:19:22 pm »
@mountaineer
"just before I drilled him from the choir loft."

You are an amazing woman.  God bless you!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2021, 09:59:34 pm »
A complaint should be filed against the DA and every member of his/her staff that have worked this with the appropriate state agency and the bar association. They are trying to destroy this man’s life with a frivolous prosecution and need to have their way of life face the same threat.

They may learn nothing, but at least there will be some chance of these abusive prosecutors being neutralized.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2021, 11:42:19 pm »
"just before I drilled him from the choir loft."

You are an amazing woman.  God bless you!
:silly: I have to admit I'm not a very experienced shooter, but my instructor was impressed during one of our training sessions that I was so accurate with both hands, firing while on the move. I really don't want to have the opportunity to shoot anyone from my post in the choir loft!

Offline thackney

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2021, 01:53:52 pm »
Does Texas governor Abbott have the power to pardon Mr. Perry RIGHT NOW, before a trial?

No.  The Texas governor power to pardon is rather limited.

Const. art. 4, § 11(b), the governor may not issue a pardon except upon affirmative written recommendation from a majority of the members of the Board of Pardons and Paroles (except for a one-time 30-day reprieve in a capital case).

https://ccresourcecenter.org/state-restoration-profiles/texas-restoration-of-rights-pardon-expungement-sealing/#:~:text=Under%20Tex.-,Const.,reprieve%20in%20a%20capital%20case).
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2021, 02:43:13 pm »
No.  The Texas governor power to pardon is rather limited.

Const. art. 4, § 11(b), the governor may not issue a pardon except upon affirmative written recommendation from a majority of the members of the Board of Pardons and Paroles (except for a one-time 30-day reprieve in a capital case).

https://ccresourcecenter.org/state-restoration-profiles/texas-restoration-of-rights-pardon-expungement-sealing/#:~:text=Under%20Tex.-,Const.,reprieve%20in%20a%20capital%20case).
that seems an appropriate law to restrain a single individual from overuling a jury's decision.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington