Author Topic: Judge rules Seattle news outlets must give police images, videos of destructive May protest  (Read 610 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Judge rules Seattle news outlets must give police images, videos of destructive May protest

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/judge-rules-seattle-news-outlets-must-give-police-images-videos-destructive

Superior Judge Nelson Lee in Washington’s King County ruled that the outlets are not protected under the state's shield law that prohibits authorities from accessing reporters’ unpublished materials, according to the Daily Beast.

Police said they wanted to use to the content to identify suspects involved in an alleged arson of police vehicles and the theft of police weapons.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
First useful thing the media has done recently... and they didn't intend it to come to light.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

First useful thing the media has done recently... and they didn't intend it to come to light.
THey wanted it to  be used for the feeelings, not the forensic value. Watch the b@st@rds degrade the images.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The clips are all over Twitter though.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The clips are all over Twitter though.

They need the original recordings, to establish chain of custody and meta data if they want to use them in court.  A video ripped from Twitter won't do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

They need the original recordings, to establish chain of custody and meta data if they want to use them in court.  A video ripped from Twitter won't do.

There often is a wide gulf between what one "knows" and what one can prove in court with evidence that would be accepted by the court. That gulf tends to be overlooked.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There often is a wide gulf between what one "knows" and what one can prove in court with evidence that would be accepted by the court. That gulf tends to be overlooked.

Exactly.  What is sufficient to follow leads to better evidence in an investigation, is often not adequate for use in court.  Lie detectors, for example.  Another more pertinent one would be using a video gleaned from Twitter is good to run face recognition to point to somebody's name, but solid, testable evidence is needed for court, like credit card receipts in the vicinity of the video location.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Amen. I can think of about 9 or 10 things that I wish I could have pulled from archive via Twitter that have vaporized in thin air.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.