Author Topic: Philly DA warns federal officers could be arrested if they storm Pennsylvania protests  (Read 636 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Philly DA warns federal officers could be arrested if they storm Pennsylvania protests
Larry Krasner accused President Trump of 'acting like an authoritarian dictator'

By Vandana Rambaran | Fox News

The district attorney in Philadelphia is warning federal officers that they could face arrest if they bring their tactics of "abuse of power" to his city.

District Attorney Larry Krasner accused President Trump of "acting like an authoritarian dictator," he said on an appearance on MSNBC's "The ReidOut" Thursday and cautioned him not to send federal agents to his city.

The stern words come as agents from the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection, Federal Protective Service, and U.S. Marshals Service were deployed to Portland, Ore. and Washington, D.C., to quell pockets of violence stemming from otherwise peaceful demonstrations denouncing police brutality and racial inequality.

Trump said the agents are there with the purpose of protecting federal buildings and property from destruction, as protesters continue to light fires and vandalize many edifices in different cities.

However, reports of excessive force by federal officers on protesters, and agents who failed to properly identify themselves during demonstrations or give adequate reasoning for sweeping arrests, have pushed the Justice Department to open an investigation into the officers' conduct.

Krasner says the extra strongarming isn't needed in Philadelphia.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/philly-da-warns-feds-arrested-storm-protests

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'Stern words'?

How about getting arrested for obstruction of justice?
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
OK? You win?
No Federal support for you!
Case closed. Again, which Federal Officer would even go there? Only to be sued and harassed.
I would refuse any assignment to any Liberal city. Simply would not go. There is no point.
First, just like the mayor and the governor, I support the destruction of the cities.
Second, I would not put myself in harm's way for politicians who are more likely to sue me than to support me.
Screw that! Whatever happens to these cities is fine with me. I hope they burn the mayor's mansion down to ashes.
I would cheer that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Yeesh. The local DA threatening federal law enforcement if they interfere with a riot isn't a very good look.

If ten years ago you'da told me I'd be reading stories like this I'da thrown a net over you.

Offline mountaineer

They don't "storm," they try to protect federal courthouses. Why is that so difficult for these idiots to understand?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They don't "storm," they try to protect federal courthouses. Why is that so difficult for these idiots to understand?
Right. If anything, they are trying to stop the barbarians at the gates.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:23:15 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

This guy has been on an anti-police tear for a while and is even prosecuting officers for using pepper spray for crowd dispersal after being ordered to do so.
The town council has voted to defund the police.
So the question is, who is this DA going to get to arrest the feds should they make a move?  Is the DA going to do it....  :silly:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Take a look at the others in the pic in post 1.
Are these the faces of the powers-that-be in Philadelphia?
If so, would YOU want to be under their authority?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Take a look at the others in the pic in post 1.
Are these the faces of the powers-that-be in Philadelphia?
If so, would YOU want to be under their authority?
It is odd that people who don't know anything about you can project so much hatred with a look.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis