Author Topic: ‘We’re never going back to the 1970s’: de Blasio refutes Cuomo’s concern that graffiti in NYC is a r  (Read 374 times)

rangerrebew

‘We’re never going back to the 1970s’: de Blasio refutes Cuomo’s concern that graffiti in NYC is a return to ‘the bad old days'
By Shant Shahrigian
New York Daily News |
Jul 23, 2020 at 4:49 PM

That was then, and this is now as NYC Mayor de Blasio suggested Gov. Cuomo is living in the past.

“We are never going back to the 1970s,” Hizzoner said on Thursday. “I think there are some people who lived through that time who were deeply affected by it, but it’s just not part of our lives anymore.

“We have left that behind, we’re an entirely different city, we’re never going back,” he added.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-bill-de-blasio-andrew-cuomo-1970s-crime-20200723-6libpf752rchrjqlwvwnfvzzkq-story.html

Offline rustynail

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is the classic clash between a corporate Leftist (Cuomo), vs. an ideological Communist Leftist (Warren Wilhelm).
Cuomo wants power and to crush Trump, the goal of the corporate Left, usurp power but maintain order.
Wilhelm wants anarchy and chaos regardless of the outcome.
He just wants to destroy and burn it all down, like he did with the Communist Sandinista National Liberation Front.

Cuomo and the press still thinks we are dealing with drugged out, high on life, 60s hippies. NO!
These people are hardcore experienced Communist insurgents. They are NOT hippies. These are terrorists.
Cuomo cannot seem to grasp the fundamental change in 'The Revolution'.
These insurgents like Wilhelm do not give one single damn about Democrats, Republicans, or America in general.
They have their own agenda outside of BLM or the Democrat Party.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
“We are never going back to the 1970s,” Hizzoner said on Thursday. “I think there are some people who lived through that time who were deeply affected by it, but it’s just not part of our lives anymore.

Then why does today seem so similar to then?

Liberals are very progressive. They just don't tell you that the progression is not in the forward direction.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Of course he did.
De Blasio quotes Karl Marx in WNYC radio interview
By Julia Marsh and Bruce Golding
July 24, 2020 | 12:12pm

First it was Che Guevara — now it’s Karl Marx!

Mayor Bill de Blasio reached back to his salad days as a young radical to quote the father of communism on Friday.

During his weekly appearance on WNYC radio, de Blasio was asked about a recent report that said his “long-held antipathy toward well-heeled private sector interests” was jeopardizing the city’s economic recovery from the coronavirus crisis.

In response, de Blasio admitted that “my focus has not been on the business community and the elites” before adding, “I am tempted to borrow from Karl Marx here.”

Hizzoner then went to recite from memory a concept expressed in Chapter 1 of the infamous “Communist Manifesto” written by Marx and comrade Friedrich Engels in 1848.

“There’s a famous quote that the ‘the state is the executive committee of the bourgeois’ and I use it openly to say, ‘No,'” de Blasio said.   ...
More at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Then why does today seem so similar to then?

Liberals are very progressive. They just don't tell you that the progression is not in the forward direction.
Right. We've been doing 60s redux for four years, that 70s stuff is coming.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis