Author Topic: Pelosi: ‘Trump Virus’ Is ‘Rolling Like a Freight Train’ — ‘Biggest Failure’ in History  (Read 674 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 23 Jul 2020

Thursday on MSNBC’s “The ReidOut,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called President Donald Trump “the biggest failure in the history of our country.”

She said “the Trump virus” was rolling like “a freight train through the country.”

Pelosi said, “Let me say this president has been the biggest failure practically in the history of our country. A pandemic that is rolling. Trump virus I call it, it’s rolling like a freight train. It took nearly 100 days, just about 100 days to get the first 1 million. Just under 50 days to get to the second million, just over 25 days to get to the third million and now, just, what, 14, 17 days to get to the 4 million mark of people infected.”

She added, “Just think if he had thought that these overrated tests weren’t overrated a long time ago how many lives could have been saved. But you said it very well, 4 million people, 18 straight weeks of people filing for unemployment insurance, a time when people are—millions of children are food insecure. Just so many people going to food banks who never thought they would. Evictions imminent because the moratorium will end. People are hungry. They’re concerned about their housing, the jobs, and the rest, and the Republicans are saying, well, let’s just wait around until Monday to see what we might be able to come to terms with among ourselves. Two months and eight days ago we put forth the HEROES bill, very responsible, lean and mean, exactly what we needed to open up our economy by testing, testing, testing, rewarding our heroes with assistance to state and local government and money in the pockets of the American people. In a very strong way. This all will expire in, like, a week.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/07/23/pelosi-trump-virus-is-rolling-like-a-freight-train-biggest-failure-in-history/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Hope springs eternal. Plenty of 80 year olds drop dead for no apparent reason every day.

Online DB

There is pretty close to zero anyone in this country could have done to stop the entry and spread of the virus in this country.

We are an open society with millions of people moving around in and out of the country. No travel restriction would have stopped it. At best only delayed it.

If it was in Asia, Europe and/or South American it was coming here.

The only things that could be done was to try to slow it so the hospitals didn't end up going into triage like they did in Italy and to open up resources to deal with it.

Absolutely no one was going to stop it. There was no magic solution.

The fault lies on China for experimenting with it and failing to secure it in their lab.

Offline skeeter

There is pretty close to zero anyone in this country could have done to stop the entry and spread of the virus in this country.

We are an open society with millions of people moving around in and out of the country. No travel restriction would have stopped it. At best only delayed it.

If it was in Asia, Europe and/or South American it was coming here.

The only things that could be done was to try to slow it so the hospitals didn't end up going into triage like they did in Italy and to open up resources to deal with it.

Absolutely no one was going to stop it. There was no magic solution.

The fault lies on China for experimenting with it and failing to secure it in their lab.

Honorable mention goes to the rat party, who instead of focusing on containing the virus, instead made opposing the president on every single action he took to try to minimize the pandemic their only objective

Online DB

Earlier testing may have slowed the spread down - but that's all it would have done. Slower is not better when the hospitals are not at full capacity. Slower only means more economic destruction with no long term benefit. Short of an effective vaccine the only way this is going to end is when about 60% of the population gets it and has antibodies against it.

Offline PeteS in CA

I hope the Dems are fools enough to use the Trump did nothing false narrative. As my links below show, a person with moderate intelligence and google-fu can bury that lie with facts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LottieDah

Here are questions for Nancy -- what would a Democrat President have done differently?  What are her suggestions?

Offline skeeter

Earlier testing may have slowed the spread down - but that's all it would have done. Slower is not better when the hospitals are not at full capacity. Slower only means more economic destruction with no long term benefit. Short of an effective vaccine the only way this is going to end is when about 60% of the population gets it and has antibodies against it.

I've made that argument before - as long as adequate medical facilities are available the faster this thing spreads the better. Blows some peoples' minds.

There is so much ignorance on this topic.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I object to that b*tch calling the Wuhan Virus the "Trump Virus".

The Chinese Communists made it, released it (by accident or design), and should get full credit for their efforts.

How dare Pelosi rob them of their just due?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The problem with that is that antibodies appear to only last a few months. So flattening the curve will make people susceptible again—and it's a very bad omen for those expecting a vaccine to save us.

It'll likely require some degree of natural selection. But that would also require mass deaths of those susceptible to it—and since most people who die from this are well past reproductive age, it's not sure how well that would work, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DB

The problem with that is that antibodies appear to only last a few months. So flattening the curve will make people susceptible again—and it's a very bad omen for those expecting a vaccine to save us.

It'll likely require some degree of natural selection. But that would also require mass deaths of those susceptible to it—and since most people who die from this are well past reproductive age, it's not sure how well that would work, either.

I think the jury is still out whether the antibodies last very long. My understanding is very few have gotten it a second time. And those that have could have gotten a different variant of the virus or the test for the virus was not accurate one of the times. And yes, if the antibodies only last a few months then a vaccine isn't going to work very well either because that's all a vaccine does is create/stimulate the antibodies.

Offline PeteS in CA

I think the jury is still out whether the antibodies last very long. My understanding is very few have gotten it a second time. And those that have could have gotten a different variant of the virus or the test for the virus was not accurate one of the times. And yes, if the antibodies only last a few months then a vaccine isn't going to work very well either because that's all a vaccine does is create/stimulate the antibodies.

After how HCQ was politicized - and I think testing a medication that should be used early on patients who were in desperate straits could have been part of the politicization - reports that antibodies do not last long should be taken with a large block of salt.

BTW, the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine (the vaccine furthest along in testing) activates both antibodies and T-cells, as does the BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine, https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/markets/investors-cheer-as-two-coronavirus-vaccine-candidates-report-t-cell-responses-but-findings-are-still-early-stage/ar-BB16YuTm .  Moderna's may, as well, https://reason.com/2020/07/17/good-news-covid-19-vaccines-stimulate-the-production-of-both-antibodies-and-t-cells/ .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

Here are questions for Nancy -- what would a Democrat President have done differently?  What are her suggestions?

Put C-19 positive pt's in nursing homes on a  national level?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LegalAmerican

Hope springs eternal. Plenty of 80 year olds drop dead for no apparent reason every day.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

IF, IF,  IF.......WUHAN CHINA, CDC AND W.H.O.....told us there was a VIRUS......OUT THERE, then testing might have helped.  I am of a mind, unless one is sick with 'something' & doctors need to see what it is to save your life....no testing in needed.  WHY?  BUT...I AGREE with you.  The virus will have it's way.  Same as SARS, SWINE FLU, ENTEROVIRUS, SPANISH FLU any cold virus. All virus mutate.  I am against any vaccine. 

Offline dancer

I hope the Dems are fools enough to use the Trump did nothing false narrative. As my links below show, a person with moderate intelligence and google-fu can bury that lie with facts.
Sadly, many aren't interested in facts.  They just see an opportunity to destroy Trump.