Author Topic: Nike Says China-based Supplier Sent All Uyghur Workers Home Amid Forced Labor Allegations  (Read 440 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Radio Free Asia 7/21/2020

Nike Says China-based Supplier Sent All Uyghur Workers Home Amid Forced Labor Allegations

A China-based supplier to Nike has stopped hiring employees from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) and sent all workers from the region back home, the footwear giant said in a statement on Tuesday, amid scrutiny over possible links between its supply chain and forced labor.

In early March, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) said that tens of thousands of ethnic Uyghur detainees in the XUAR have been transferred to factories throughout China, where they are forced to produce goods for at least 83 global retailers, including Nike, Apple, BMW, The Gap, Samsung, Sony, and Volkswagen.

Following ASPI’s report, Nike said in a statement on its website that it was reviewing its suppliers’ hiring practices in China and claimed one of its biggest suppliers in the world, South Korean-owned Qingdao Taekwang Shoes Co., was exploring ways to end the contracts of Uyghur workers making shoes in its factory.

On Tuesday, in response to questions about the current state of its supply chain in China, the Oregon-based footwear company said it had confirmed that there are no longer any Uyghurs working for Qingdao Taekwang.

More: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/nike-07212020174533.html

Offline PeteS in CA

Well now folks can see why I say Xinjiang "province". That isn't its official name, and I'm too lazy to use the full official name, yogi555 .

Anyway, if the factory for Qingdao Taekwang Shoes Co. is in Qingdao, that city is on the Yellow Sea coast (the former German colony Tsingtao). Xinjiang is clear across the country in the northwest corner of China.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is a left leaning company who were among the first forcing SJW shit down our throats.

Believe me, the MSM will not allow any traction of this story.  It'll be another preaching to the choir episode.

Even with Tucker Carlson's prodding.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.