Author Topic: Tea Party rises up against McConnell's $1 trillion relief plan  (Read 467 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tea Party rises up against McConnell's $1 trillion relief plan
By Alexander Bolton - 07/23/20 06:00 AM EDT

The debate over the size of the next coronavirus relief bill is reopening the same divisions within the Republican Party that spawned the Tea Party movement more than a decade ago, putting Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in a delicate spot.

McConnell is up for reelection this fall in Kentucky, a state that has been a hotbed of Tea Party activism over the past 10-plus years. His home state colleague, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a Tea Party favorite, is taking an outspoken stand against another large federal relief package.

The situation is eerily similar to 2008, when McConnell was up for reelection for his fifth Senate term. That fall, Congress was under intense pressure to pass an expensive relief bill to stave off a possible depression while there was an unpopular Republican in the White House and a presidential election only weeks away.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/508623-tea-party-rises-up-against-mcconnells-1-trillion-relief-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

Re: Tea Party rises up against McConnell's $1 trillion relief plan
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:03:39 pm »
Tea WHO ? :chairbang: there once was a group known as the TEA PARTY that was the biggest threat to the UNIPARTY EVER. They had all the RINOS and LIBS fighting to get rid of them and they finally did. See with no ORGANIZATION or elected leaders and 1700+ little groups doing almost exact opposite of each other these little group leaders got compromised with money by the UNIPARTY. it faded and failed but the BEST CONCEPT ever to FIX America political systems. Some TP even got elected but were selling out before they found the restroom in Congress. Shortly this GREAT idea will rise AGAIN with leadership and organization BUT much more pain to J Q Public has to happen first. :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:19:20 am »
I didn't know it existed anymore.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 04:40:58 am »
I didn't know it existed anymore.

We are here. Still ding regional meetings quarterly in the Intermountain West, And Eastern WA and OR participate too...  And down by @Cyber Liberty  it is still rolling... And my cuz down in CO is still in it neck deep. Wont take much to wake it up

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:13 am »
We are here. Still ding regional meetings quarterly in the Intermountain West, And Eastern WA and OR participate too...  And down by @Cyber Liberty  it is still rolling... And my cuz down in CO is still in it neck deep. Wont take much to wake it up

@Chosen Daughter @roamer_1

The TEA Party is still a big thing here.  40-50 people every meeting.  A friend from Fort Mohave, Sylvia runs it.

https://www.facebook.com/ColoradoRiverTeaPartyPatriots/
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 11:06:16 am »
I went to one local Tea Party event back in 2010.  It was well attended and had some good speakers.  Haven't seen or heard about any local Tea Party doings since.  But this region is heavily Democrat, so I suppose the Tea Party may not be doing well here. 

In 2010 the Tea Party was boosting candidates for the house and I voted according to its recommendations.  But I believe that most of the Republicans from my area who did get into congress ended up being liberals.  Candidates might talk the talk, but when they get in, we find they don't always walk the walk.  it's tough to know who really is a conservative until they get into office. 

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 12:01:02 pm »
Toledo has an active Tea Party group. It meets monthly in the West End.

It is an organized and meticulous bunch.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote