Author Topic: A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking  (Read 5023 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2020, 03:34:07 pm »
Total independence is impossible in this world. 

Well no, but yeah, I get what you mean. For most folks the learning curve to go back to foraging would be too much. Given I get my pins back I could do it, and have... But it's a different story for most. I get that.

It's desirable to lessen that to the greatest extent possible.  Not everybody has life's circumstances that permit the level of independence you have. 

That's right, though that is not against what I said.

As a result, their opinions of things like the President are likely to vary. 

That is all I am saying.  People who don't come to the exact same conclusions as you or I are not necessarily idiots or statists (although that is certainly possible.  Look at Shortbus Joe or AOC), they are just informed by different life's experiences.

Lost me there. There is a legitimacy factor in there somewhere...

But it's all good.  :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2020, 03:41:41 pm »
But it's all good.  :beer:

Indeed it is.  Some things run deeper than mere politics.  You can enjoy beers with me anytime, on any of my porches!

:beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2020, 04:41:29 pm »
Indeed it is.  Some things run deeper than mere politics.  You can enjoy beers with me anytime, on any of my porches!

:beer: :beer:

Dittos!  :beer: :seeya:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2020, 09:07:41 pm »

And WHY do the NON-RIGHTS....want this so much?  MAKE US ANOTHER TURD WORLD COUNTRY.  THEN THEY ARE HAPPY?   NON-RIGHTS....ARE NEVER HAPPY.

@LegalAmerican

Well,like all obsessed idealists all through history,they KNOW they have the right laws for the common people to live by,and these fools HONESTLY believe that THEY will personally be immune from those laws once passed.

Little do they realize they will be among the first ones loaded on the trains headed to the labor camps.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2020, 09:09:52 pm »
A minor quibble:  The press, as constituted today, will describe everything we want as a "sledgehammer."  They've been doing it for decades.

@Cyber Liberty

Just out of curiosity,shouldn't there be laws against individuals OR corporations from holding majority ownership of news outlets?

If not,WHY NOT?

If there are,WHY are they not being enforced?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2020, 09:28:13 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Just out of curiosity,shouldn't there be laws against individuals OR corporations from holding majority ownership of news outlets?

If not,WHY NOT?

I know of no such prohibitions to ownership of media organs.  There have been laws preventing movie production companies from owning the theaters, and a limitation to how many Radio/TeeBee stations a network can own. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2020, 10:18:50 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

If not,WHY NOT?

That’s a really interesting point @sneakypete one that hadn’t crossed my mind before (this from a guy with an unused journalism degree).

News gathering is meant to be the province of the citizens—as guaranteed by the constitution. So, I suppose individual ownership is as American as apple pie. A hometown newspaper as an institution served the independent interests of its readers. In concept a newspaper shouldn’t exist solely to carry out the wishes or reflect the opinion of one powerful individual. They usually cover it by forming an ‘editorial board’—HA!

But, I don’t see how anything can be done about it though, except to have available more and diverse information to counter it. Though the economics of it would kill most competitors.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2020, 01:09:59 am »
@LegalAmerican

Well,like all obsessed idealists all through history,they KNOW they have the right laws for the common people to live by,and these fools HONESTLY believe that THEY will personally be immune from those laws once passed.

Little do they realize they will be among the first ones loaded on the trains headed to the labor camps.

BINGO!