Author Topic: Who Funds The Lincoln Project? Exactly Whom You Expect  (Read 772 times)

Online mountaineer

Who Funds The Lincoln Project? Exactly Whom You Expect
« on: July 16, 2020, 03:41:19 pm »
Who Funds The Lincoln Project? Exactly Whom You Expect
By David Harsanyi
July 15, 2020 4:23 PM
If The Lincoln Project was exclusively campaigning against Donald Trump, one might be tempted to believe it wasn’t merely an arm of the Democratic Party. If one of its co-founders, John Weaver, hadn’t been registered as a foreign agent lobbying for a Russia-owned nuclear-energy company against U.S. sanctions not long ago, one might accept that the group believed the conspiracy theories it spreads.

If the group wasn’t working against the moderate Republicans senators for the sin of supporting originalist Supreme Court justices, who will transcend the Trump presidency and help preserve the traditional constitutional order, one might believe that its mission was to preserve the system. If you target moderates like Susan Collins and Cory Gardner — politicians who not only parted with Trump on issues but have quite un-Trumpian dispositions — you’re not working against Trumpism, you’re working against the GOP.  ...

And the biggest funders of The Lincoln Project aren’t distraught Republicans but long-time Democratic Party operatives.

By far the biggest donor has been Stephen Mandel, who gave The Lincoln Project — which, as far as I can tell, produces cheap b-roll-laden ads and takes nearly 90 percent of its budget in “operating expenditures” — a million dollars. His company Lone Pine Capital, it seems, has given the Democratic Party Senate committee $497,000 this year, $248,500 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign committee, and a bunch of money to other left-wing candidates. During the 2018 cycle, Lone Pine Capital doled out $5,893,300 to Democrats. It gave $1,333,333 to Planned Parenthood.  ...
National Review

Oh, yeah - and one of the cofounders of the Lincoln Project is a registered agent for Russia. John Weaver, a Kasich strategist in 2016, lobbied against potential Russia sanctions.

See  SHOCKER: Co-Founder of Never Trump ‘Lincoln Project’ Was Foreign Agent for …Russia
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: Who Funds The Lincoln Project? Exactly Whom You Expect
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 03:49:18 pm »
May 5, 2020,04:11pm EDT
Walmart Billionaire Christy Walton Among Biggest Donors To Anti-Trump Republican Group Facing Trump’s Ire
Kristin Stoller

A video released by a recently formed anti-Trump group on Monday sparked an overnight Twitter rampage from President Donald Trump. One of the group’s richest backers? Walmart billionaire Christy Walton.

The Lincoln Project, a super-PAC founded by prominent Republicans including George Conway (husband of White House advisor Kellyanne Conway), released the video, titled “Mourning in America,” attacking Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.   ...  More at Forbes

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 03:53:31 pm »
I spent (wasted) about 45 minutes yesterday researching the Linocoln Loggers, and found out that they do not have even "One" credible Republican of any note or power on board.  This is nothng but a Trojan Horse front, likely secretly underwritten by Soros to dupe people that there might be cracks in the GOP base.

The only member that I think might be secretly donning his pom poms for this farce is Romney....   And as far as I know  he isn't admitting it.

Note and (hint hint):  The guy heading up this thing is Romney's  2012 head political strategist.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 03:55:57 pm »
Note and (hint hint):  The guy heading up this thing is Romney's  2012 head political strategist.
Exactly. Romney and Kasich leftovers.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »
Exactly. Romney and Kasich leftovers.

And they said the Rockefeller wing of the GOP was dead didn't they?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 04:07:00 pm »
Thanks for posting this as a stand-alone thread, @mountaineer!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 04:07:31 pm »
And they said the Rockefeller wing of the GOP was dead didn't they?   :silly:

After November's upcoming election, the Rockefeller wing might not look so bad.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 01:22:39 am »
I can't find anything that says Lincoln Project is connected to that LLC on the opening post.

But boy, if this was a Russian operation you would think he would be getting rid of Kelly Anne.

Also I always thought that Walmart was supported by Republicans.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:23:25 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 10:43:10 pm »
Lincoln Project Paid More than $2 Million to Firms Owned by Its Founders
by Haris Alic
16 Jul 2020
The Lincoln Project, a political action committee run by a cadre of GOP campaign operatives opposed to President Donald Trump, has paid out more than two million dollars to firms owned by its founding members.

The group, which was formed last December, has made national headlines for its viral ads, many of which attack Trump and his congressional allies. Since its launch, the Lincoln Projected has raised more than $19 million, with most of the money ($16.8 million) coming in over the last three months. A significant portion of the group’s newfound contributions, as noted by the Center for Responsive Politics, come from Democrat mega-donors, some of whom have donated as much as one million dollars.

Although much emphasis has been placed on the Lincoln Project’s fundraising numbers, especially the fact that 45 percent of its total contributions come from individuals giving $200-or-less, little attention has been paid to how the group is spending its money. Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings made public on Wednesday grant an inside view of how the Never Trump organization has operated in its first six months of existence.

The filings indicate that the Lincoln Project’s biggest vendors, Summit Strategic Communications, LLC and Tusk Digital, Inc., are owned by two of its board members. ...
More at Breitbart

The brain trust - Schmidt, Conway and Wilson

So who's shocked? Not I.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 10:48:15 pm »
Lincoln Project Paid More than $2 Million to Firms Owned by Its Founders
by Haris Alic
16 Jul 2020More at Breitbart

The brain trust - Schmidt, Conway and Wilson

So who's shocked? Not I.

Indeed.  And to think someone just called you a liar upthread.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 10:57:23 pm »
Indeed.  And to think someone just called you a liar upthread.   :shrug:
:silly:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 03:14:32 am »
Oh the world of politics.  So many Republicans with ties to Russia.

Paul Manafort Guilty Plea Highlights Increased Enforcement of Foreign Agents Registration Act

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/27/manafort-foreign-agent-ukraine-240027

And Stone too

https://www.newsweek.com/heres-where-paul-manafort-did-business-corrupt-dictators-1061470

I can't imagine the Conway family.  What's the conversation like at dinner?  Your supporting the wrong Foreign agent darling.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 03:22:16 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 09:18:09 am »
May 5, 2020,04:11pm EDT
Walmart Billionaire Christy Walton Among Biggest Donors To Anti-Trump Republican Group Facing Trump’s Ire
Kristin Stoller

A video released by a recently formed anti-Trump group on Monday sparked an overnight Twitter rampage from President Donald Trump. One of the group’s richest backers? Walmart billionaire Christy Walton.

@mountaineer

No mystery about that. The Walton family were mere millionaires before they went into business with the Chinese to sell junk to make them rich while running American manufacturers out of business.

The fact that Bubbette! Clinton had a board seat at Wal-Mart ,based on her vast business experience of "none at all" when Bubba was the Governor of Arkansas should tell you all you need to know.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2020, 08:55:42 pm »
@mountaineer

No mystery about that. The Walton family were mere millionaires before they went into business with the Chinese to sell junk to make them rich while running American manufacturers out of business.

The fact that Bubbette! Clinton had a board seat at Wal-Mart ,based on her vast business experience of "none at all" when Bubba was the Governor of Arkansas should tell you all you need to know.

POLITICSPublished January 20, 2017
These Are the Companies that Donated to President Trump's Inauguration

United Parcel Service Inc., Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. are among the companies that are supporting Mr. Trump's inauguration, after opting not to give or to reduce their donations to the convention last year. All three companies had given to previous conventions of both parties.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/these-are-the-companies-that-donated-to-president-trumps-inauguration

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2020, 10:17:49 pm »
So what? The Walmart corporation is a separate entity from one of the Walton heirs. Is that too difficult to grasp?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2020, 02:26:00 pm »
POLITICSPublished January 20, 2017
These Are the Companies that Donated to President Trump's Inauguration

United Parcel Service Inc., Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Coca-Cola Co. are among the companies that are supporting Mr. Trump's inauguration, after opting not to give or to reduce their donations to the convention last year. All three companies had given to previous conventions of both parties.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/these-are-the-companies-that-donated-to-president-trumps-inauguration

If you are making a point here, it's lost on me.  Maybe it will help if you tell me I'm stupid?
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2020, 02:31:03 pm »
If you are making a point here, it's lost on me.  Maybe it will help if you tell me I'm stupid?

Maybe she doesn't understand that very Large Corporations treat political pandering much like someone wagering both black and red on a roulette wheel.  You just don't lose.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2020, 03:34:32 pm »
 ****sheep****
Maybe she doesn't understand that very Large Corporations treat political pandering much like someone wagering both black and red on a roulette wheel.  You just don't lose.

@catfish1957

In other words,"The cost of doing business".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2020, 11:18:25 pm »
Lincoln Project founders have ties to Russia and tax troubles, docs reveal
By Ebony Bowden
July 21, 2020 | 11:35am
WASHINGTON — The founders of the Lincoln Project, a headline-grabbing anti-Trump political action committee formed by GOP operatives who describe the president as a “crook” and “huckster,” have their own checkered dealings with Russia and the tax man, documents obtained by The Post reveal.

Since its inception last November — announced with a blistering New York Times op-ed — the brainchild of George Conway, Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson and John Weaver has raked in more than $19.4 million, according to FEC filings, and has needled President Trump repeatedly with provocative TV ads.

But the group — which the National Review on Monday dubbed “The Grifter Project” and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) last week dismissed as a “cabal of political consultants all in it for the money” — don’t exactly practice what they preach.

Co-founder Weaver, a political consultant known for his work on John McCain’s and John Kasich’s presidential campaigns, registered as a Russian foreign agent for uranium conglomerate TENEX in a six-figure deal last year, filings with the Department of Justice show. ...
New York Post

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2020, 01:28:33 pm »
 :silly: So it's mostly sour grapes?
Lincoln Project co-founder met with Trump for campaign role in 2016
By Ebony Bowden
July 27, 2020 | 2:32pm

Well, this is a little awkward.

Steve Schmidt, one of the co-founders of anti-Trump political action group the Lincoln Project, met with then-candidate Donald Trump and tried to join his campaign during a 2016 Manhattan meeting, sources with knowledge of the conversation told The Post.

But the Republican operative — best known for his work on John McCain’s failed presidential bid before becoming one of the faces of the “Never Trump” movement — failed to get the gig because Trump thought he was a “total idiot,” one of the sources said.  ...

One source said Schmidt, 49, thought the president was “the best candidate he had ever seen” and recounted how the campaign and the operative exchanged emails for months beforehand.

But things quickly soured when Trump thought Schmidt’s ideas were bad and the Big Apple real estate mogul left the meeting with a feeling that Schmidt was “very untrustworthy” and a “total idiot,” the insider said.

“The president was very turned off by the fact that Schmidt had turned on McCain, his former boss, for the money,” the source alleged, referring to Schmidt’s decision to dish dirt on the 2008 campaign he helped guide to doom in a lengthy interview for scandalous campaign book “Game Change,” which eventually became a movie. ...
Full story at NY Post