Author Topic: Column: The Journalistic Malpractice of Touting 'Devout' Biden  (Read 223 times)

rangerrebew

Column: The Journalistic Malpractice of Touting 'Devout' Biden
Tim Graham
July 22nd, 2020 6:23 AM

Naivete can be defined as the notion that Joe Biden is going to be covered objectively, “without fear or favor.” After all this rampaging media activism against Donald Trump, now described as lagging in the polls by 15 points, surely the front-runner in this race is going to face some tough investigative journalism?

Instead, get a load of this badly disguised press release from the Associated Press, headlined “Biden’s bid touts faith, courts even religious conservatives.” Barack Obama was a great Christian, Hillary Clinton was a great Christian, and now it’s whitewash time for Biden.

Reporters Elena Schor and Jack Jenkins insisted “Joe Biden is a different kind of foe than Trump has faced before: one who makes faith a central part of his persona — often literally wearing it on his sleeve.” They played up Biden carrying a rosary that belonged to his late son Beau into a Democrat debate. You know a reporter is doing Biden’s bidding when they work in sympathetic mentions of deaths of Biden’s family members, for maximum emotional punch.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2020/07/22/column-journalistic-malpractice-touting-devout-biden

Offline Victoria33

Re: Column: The Journalistic Malpractice of Touting 'Devout' Biden
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 04:31:07 pm »
Article said:

"Reporters Elena Schor and Jack Jenkins insisted 'Joe Biden is a different kind of foe than Trump has faced before: one who makes faith a central part of his persona — often literally wearing it on his sleeve.'”

"They played up Biden carrying a rosary that belonged to his late son Beau into a Democrat debate. You know a reporter is doing Biden’s bidding when they work in sympathetic mentions of deaths of Biden’s family members, for maximum emotional punch."

"Deputy political director John McCarthy declared Biden’s identity as 'a very devout Catholic and person of deep faith 'is baked into the core messaging and core functions of the campaign.'"

He grew up in a Catholic family in Penn.  Penn. was going through a bad time, and the father took any job he could find, and the family stayed with his wife's family.  They moved to an apartment in another state, then moved again.  So, his early life was not ideal.

When his wife and child were killed in a car accident, and the two sons were in the hospital, his life outlook changed.  He saw how easily one can be devastated by loss and it can't be changed.  From that time forward, he had empathy for anyone who had suffered loss of family.

Today, with the virus wiping out family members, Biden is their choice of a leader because he DOES know how they feel, he talks about it, and Trump does not appear empathetic about their loss; but there are months between now and November.

I saw today that numbers are changing and Trump is only down a few points from Biden. Basically, it is a tie.  If it stays that way, after one debate, I expect Biden to go down so low, he can't recover - unless Trump does something in these months, that wipes him out.  I think, today, Trump would lose due to Biden's outward empathy with people.  I wait for the first debate, to see what happens.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:11:45 pm »
@Victoria33

It's a shame Biden couldn't manage to extend all that profuse compassion to unborn babies and the young black people sent to prison because of his work as a Senator prior to being promoted to President of the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 09:06:19 pm »
@Victoria33

It's a shame Biden couldn't manage to extend all that profuse compassion to unborn babies and the young black people sent to prison because of his work as a Senator prior to being promoted to President of the Senate.
All I have seen out of Biden this campaign is an angry old man who doesn't know where he is or what he is saying much of the time, I seem to have missed the compassion.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 11:54:55 pm »
@Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

I am speaking today's world - not years ago.  However, when he was a senator, he could not pass a bill by himself.  That was in the past, and today he is thought of as a caring person, more so than Thump.