Author Topic: Pentagon: Esper concerned about law enforcement officers wearing military garb  (Read 834 times)

Offline Hoodat

ATF agents under Bill Clinton - 1993

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Great finds @Hoodat    :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

No matter what Trump does, short of stacking bodies on flatbeds, there will be more of this nonsense until people get arrested and incarcerated. Even that has become an excuse for more rioting, arresting criminal suspects for criminal behaviour. In the event local and State LEAs (Law Enforcement Agencies) are not permitted by their respective duly elected or appointed governmental authorities to quash this garbage, there will be more, because a great deal of it falls outside of Federal Jurisdiction. Acting to quash that from a federal level would invite charges of Conspiracy to Deny Civil Rights under color of Law (of all these peaceful protesters who would leave the color of the day's T-shirts in piles on the street) Title 18, U.S.C., Section 241, and give the goons in the House an impeachment charge that just might stick.

@Smokin Joe

Highlighted in bold would be the surest bet you have ever made in your life. The Dims DREAM about riots and anarchy every night so they can blame it all on Trump,and are working night and day to try to make that dream come true.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Highlighted in bold would be the surest bet you have ever made in your life. The Dims DREAM about riots and anarchy every night so they can blame it all on Trump,and are working night and day to try to make that dream come true.
Yet those of us who dream of stepping in and stopping that nonsense KNOW that would be blamed on Trump, so we stand our ground, and grumble. Within the law, there is nothing we can do outside our communities or States, and those rules of engagement are constrained to say the least. Even within that, I seriously believe some of that garbage has been squelched before it even got a start.

Pity larger communities tend to be so liberal the residents are persecuted for complying with their State Laws by local Liberals who will not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yet those of us who dream of stepping in and stopping that nonsense KNOW that would be blamed on Trump, so we stand our ground, and grumble. Within the law, there is nothing we can do outside our communities or States, and those rules of engagement are constrained to say the least.

@Smokin Joe

One of those odd cases where I'm not happy about a law,yet glad it exists.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis