Author Topic: Biden puts Kremlin 'on notice' as Schiff demands FBI briefing on 'foreign interference campaign'  (Read 260 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden puts Kremlin 'on notice' as Schiff demands FBI briefing on 'foreign interference campaign'
by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | July 20, 2020 08:12 PM

Joe Biden said he is putting Russia “on notice” about election meddling on Monday as Democrats in the House and Senate revealed that they had asked the FBI for a full congressional briefing on an alleged “foreign interference campaign” targeting Congress.

Biden, the former vice president and presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee, released a lengthy statement proclaiming that “foreign interference in the U.S. electoral process represents an assault on the American people and their constitutional right to vote.” This followed comments by the candidate on Friday when Biden said he had started getting intelligence briefings and asserted the Russians “are still engaged in trying to delegitimize our electoral process” and China “and others” are “engaged as well in activities that are designed for us to lose confidence in the outcome.”

“Today, I am putting the Kremlin and other foreign governments on notice. If elected president, I will treat foreign interference in our election as an adversarial act that significantly affects the relationship between the United States and the interfering nation’s government,” Biden said on Monday, adding, “Russia is not the only foreign actor seeking to interfere in our democracy. Increasingly, other states have shown an interest in copying Russia’s tactics.”

Hours earlier, congressional Democrats revealed that on July 13 House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff of California, and Senate Intelligence Committee Vice Chairman Mark Warner of Virginia sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray requesting that the FBI “provide a defensive counterintelligence briefing to all Members of the House of Representatives and the Senate regarding foreign efforts to interfere in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.” The Democrats claimed, “Congress appears to be the target of a concerted foreign interference campaign” related to the 2020 election.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-puts-kremlin-on-notice-as-schiff-demands-fbi-briefing-on-foreign-interference-campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh geez, not this crap again?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Oh geez, not this crap again?

Reruns!

What would we do without

Reruns?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Reruns!

What would we do without

Reruns?!

Reruns are bad enough, but I just hate it when they make movies out of cartoons.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis