Author Topic: Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’
The country’s largest Muslim American PAC has endorsed Biden
Fox News, Jul 20, 2020

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden spoke to a summit of Muslim voters Monday, telling them he wished U.S. schools taught more about Islam.

"I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith. I wish we talked about all the great confessional faiths. It's one of the great confessional faiths," Biden said Monday at the “Million Muslim Votes” summit hosted by Emgage Action.

Emgage Action, the country’s largest Muslim American PAC, endorsed Biden in April after endorsing Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary.

Biden told the voters he would end President Trump's travel ban affecting Muslim-majority countries on day one of his presidency and blamed the White House’s current occupant for “an unconscionable rise in Islamophobia.”

Biden also said he “won’t write love letters to dictators,” and would work to “meet the moral demands of the humanitarian crisis in Syria, Yemen, and Gaza.” He said he would champion the rights of Palestinians and Israelis to have a state of their own, among other priorities.

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-muslim-voters-summit-taught-schools-islamic-faith

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Joe Biden vows to abolish 'vile' Muslim travel ban on Day 1 if elected president
Des Moines Register, Jul 20, 2020, USA Today

Joe Biden said Monday he would overturn on his first day in office President Donald Trump’s travel ban that initially targeted Muslim-majority countries.

Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee for president, said Muslims were the first to suffer attacks under the Trump administration the led to kids being bullied in school and an increase in hate crimes. Biden said Trump appointed unnamed key leaders in the Defense Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development despite their open Islamophobia.

“Donald Trump has fanned the flames of hate in this country across the board through his words, his policies, his appointments, his deeds and he continues to fan those flames,” the former vice president said. “Under this administration, we’ve seen an unconscionable rise in Islamophobia.”

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/07/20/joe-biden-vows-overturn-president-trumps-vile-muslim-travel-ban/5473677002/

Offline PeteS in CA

I think some attention was given to Islam when I was in school - not a lot, but sum.

:smokin: Maybe Surah 9 should be required reading in schools. :smokin: And Surah 4:34. :smokin:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

I think some attention was given to Islam when I was in school - not a lot, but sum.

:smokin: Maybe Surah 9 should be required reading in schools. :smokin: And Surah 4:34. :smokin:

Or Surah 5:51...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He worked for one eight years.  Didn't any of it stick?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

I'm old enough to remember when religion was taught at home, so as not to give the appearance of a government-run institution promoting one religion over another.

Offline libertybele

According to the video clip (@link) Biden says he's registering and turning out 1,000,000 muslim voters.

Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden spoke to a summit of Muslim voters Monday, telling them he wished U.S. schools taught more about Islam.

"I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith. I wish we talked about all the great confessional faiths. It's one of the great confessional faiths," Biden said Monday at the “Million Muslim Votes” summit hosted by Emgage Action.

Emgage Action, the country’s largest Muslim American PAC, endorsed Biden in April after endorsing Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary.

Biden told the voters he would end President Trump's travel ban affecting Muslim-majority countries on day one of his presidency and blamed the White House’s current occupant for “an unconscionable rise in Islamophobia.”.........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-muslim-voters-summit-taught-schools-islamic-faith

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I learnt everything I needed to know about Islam before noon, September 11, 2001.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

He worked for one eight years.  Didn't any of it stick?

:cool:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Groucho wrote:
"I'm old enough to remember when religion was taught at home, so as not to give the appearance of a government-run institution promoting one religion over another."

I'm old enough to remember when each schoolday began with the Lord's Prayer.
And that was (and would be again) perfectly fine with me.

I'll take flak for posting this, but Western government absolutely SHOULD be "promoting one religion over the others". And it ALSO should be doing everything possible to drive another "religion" out of the country altogether.

And that's why this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Should be changed to this (note new text):
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed and the followers of marx are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed or to the followers of marx."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sooo,Slow Joe wants religion taught in the public schools now?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sooo,Slow Joe wants religion taught in the public schools now?

Just one.  A little, bitty one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286013478319382528

Here, Biden recounts how the nurses at Walter Reed blew into his nostrils to keep him moving.
I'm not making this up.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
https://twitter.com/i/status/1286013478319382528

Here, Biden recounts how the nurses at Walter Reed blew into his nostrils to keep him moving.
I'm not making this up.

8888huh
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Biden:  ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’

I wish we taught more in our schools about the Christian faith.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GrouchoTex

Groucho wrote:
"I'm old enough to remember when religion was taught at home, so as not to give the appearance of a government-run institution promoting one religion over another."

I'm old enough to remember when each schoolday began with the Lord's Prayer.
And that was (and would be again) perfectly fine with me.

I'll take flak for posting this, but Western government absolutely SHOULD be "promoting one religion over the others". And it ALSO should be doing everything possible to drive another "religion" out of the country altogether.

And that's why this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Should be changed to this (note new text):
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. The followers of muhammed and the followers of marx are specifically excluded and denied the protections of this amendment along with any and all other Constitutional protections. Neither the United States nor the Several States will offer such protections or liberties to the followers of muhammed or to the followers of marx."

I understand that the firewall between Church and state wasn't there to keep a religion out of politics, but politics out of a religion.
Schools had prayer, and the 10 commandments on the wall, but those days are gone.
Okay, fine, be gone, but don't start adding other religions if you aren't going to include Christianity and Judaism.
Do we then add Taoist, Buddhist, Hinduism, Wiccanism, Satanism, Rastafarianism, etc?

No, learn it on Sunday, or the Sabbath, etc, at places of worship.
Let public schools focus on reading, writing and STEM stuff.
(we should MAKE them focus on reading, writing and STEM stuff, in my opinion, its our tax dollars!).

The parochial schools?
Well that is private money, let them do what they do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I understand that the firewall between Church and state wasn't there to keep a religion out of politics, but politics out of a religion.

@GrouchoTex

Say WHAT?????

Ever heard of a little organization named "The Catholic Church"?

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex

Say WHAT?????

Ever heard of a little organization named "The Catholic Church"?

@sneakypete

Okay, I don't quite get where you are going, what you are trying to say.
Still on my first cup of coffee....

Yes, I have heard of that little organization named "the Catholic Church".

There are Catholics in government, but the Government isn't demanding the the entities under their control be become Catholic.
That is what I am trying to say, but I guess I am not saying it as eloquently as I'd like to.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Okay, I don't quite get where you are going, what you are trying to say.
Still on my first cup of coffee....

Yes, I have heard of that little organization named "the Catholic Church".

There are Catholics in government, but the Government isn't demanding the the entities under their control be become Catholic.

@GrouchoTex

ONLY because of a little thing called "The Reformation",that lasted from  1517 – 1648,costs tens of thousands of lives to be lost as well as many more tortured in religious courts.

If you still don't know what I am talking about,look up Martin Luther.

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex

ONLY because of a little thing called "The Reformation",that lasted from  1517 – 1648,costs tens of thousands of lives to be lost as well as many more tortured in religious courts.

If you still don't know what I am talking about,look up Martin Luther.

Okay, I understand that history, but I am specifically speaking about part of the 1st Amendment, and America wasn't even founded yet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Okay, I understand that history, but I am specifically speaking about part of the 1st Amendment, and America wasn't even founded yet.

@GrouchoTex

Where do you think the reason for the Separation of Church and State came from?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@GrouchoTex

Where do you think the reason for the Separation of Church and State came from?

How is the phrase "Separation of church and state" like the phrases "Beam me up, Scotty" and "Elementary, my dear Watson?"
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How is the phrase "Separation of church and state" like the phrases "Beam me up, Scotty" and "Elementary, my dear Watson?"

@Cyber Liberty

Is Start Trek mentioned in the 1st Amendment?