Author Topic: This Yemeni fighter deserves a Medal of Honour  (Read 236 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
This Yemeni fighter deserves a Medal of Honour
« on: July 19, 2020, 12:17:53 pm »
Military Times 7/17/2020

Watch this Yemeni fighter run under fire across open terrain for over 2 minutes without being hit

Making the rounds online once more is a video from a couple years ago that captured a daring act by a Yemeni fighter, purportedly a Houthi soldier, that has garnered widespread commentary and admiration, regardless of the soldier’s affiliation.

The video, which is more than two minutes long, documents a mad dash — it lasts the entirety of the clip — of a fighter desperately scrambling to safety with his wounded comrade draped over his shoulder.

Small arms rounds ricochet in the dirt all around him for the duration of his two-plus-minute run, but the man trudges on undeterred.

Numerous observations of the video have been made in the wake of its release, many laden with sarcasm given the absurdity of select content.

Certain users on Marine Corps social media channels, for example, have commented on the impressive performance the individual would exhibit if undergoing the rigorous Marine Corps Combat Fitness Test.

Others have noted that the individual in question demonstrated perhaps the longest “I’m up” segment of the classic “I’m up, they see me, I’m down” combat maneuver ditty in history.

More: https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2020/07/17/watch-this-yemeni-fighter-run-under-fire-across-open-terrain-for-over-2-minutes-without-being-hit/

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: This Yemeni fighter deserves a Medal of Honour
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 07:35:11 pm »
That's pretty damn impressive,but the Medal of Honor is a US Military award,and not given to members of foreign armies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!