Author Topic: Senate Democrats Propose $350 Billion Reparations Measure to ‘Address Systemic Racism’  (Read 318 times)

rangerrebew

Senate Democrats Propose $350 Billion Reparations Measure to ‘Address Systemic Racism’

Senate Democrats are proposing a $350 billion measure designed specifically to “address systemic racism and historic underinvestment in communities of color,” via the Economic Justice Act, which they announced on Thursday.

Democrats view the measure as an “important down-payment to answer the calls to address systemic racism and historic underinvestment in communities of color.”

The act, unveiled on Thursday, effectively acts as a reparations proposal, with Democrats proposing to “immediately” help minority communities with a $135 billion investment in “child care, mental health and primary care, and jobs.” The remaining $215 billion would be used to address inequality in the long term, devoting the investment to “infrastructure, a homeowner down payment tax credit, Medicaid expansion, and more.” The act lists ten initiatives to “reverse decades of underinvestment” in the communities.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/18/senate-democrats-propose-350-billion-reparations-measure-to-address-systemic-racism/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

rangerrebew

Shouldn't only confederate states be charged?  The north paid "reparations" in soldiers killed.  And I think the democrat party should pay most of it since it was they who defended slavery. 0380000
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:10:54 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline kevindavis007

I think the Dems should pay the reperations. It was that party that tried to keep it going.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
...And this is how the Left overreaches and turns the tide. They just can't help themselves.  333cleo
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline skeeter

I'd be tempted to consider reparations if they were accompanied by the complete removal of any race based considerations in all legislation, past and future, as well as mandatory 12 month jail sentences for any politician, at any level, who panders based upon race or race baits in any way, shape or form, as well as even mentions the words slavery or Jim Crow in a public setting.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Reparations now at $350+ billion would only be the beginning.  It would never end.  There would never be a satiated black population, for they would want more and more again.

Here is a notion, go work for a living, earn what you get.  Forget about the idea of society continuing forever to support your laziness.  No self respecting black person I know would ever want a dime given to them.  They have worked hard to get what they have.  I know know quite a few, and they are almost all Republican, and think the notions of what the Dems are proposing are preposterous.

If America is to have good governance, it is time for the Dem Party to go away and a new party emerge that has some integrity.