Author Topic: Former College Football Player and Marine Catches Toddler Dropped From Balcony of Burning Apartment  (Read 341 times)

rangerrebew

Former College Football Player and Marine Catches Toddler Dropped From Balcony of Burning Apartment
YouTube/Screenshot/ABC7

By Nancy Flory Published on July 11, 2020
Nancy Flory

A former college football wide receiver and Marine made the catch of his life earlier this month when a 3-year-old boy was dropped from a balcony of an apartment engulfed in flames.

Phillip Blanks, 28, heard some noise on July 3 outside an apartment complex in Phoenix, Arizona. When he heard someone yell “fire,” he ran outside barefoot to see what was happening. It was then that he saw an apartment on fire and a woman getting ready to toss her toddler over the balcony.

“He was twirling in the air like a propeller,” he told ABC7 Eyewitness News. “His head landed perfectly on my elbow. His ankle got twisted up as I was diving. The guy who was there with me — it looked like he wasn’t going to catch him. So that’s why I stepped in. I just wanted to make a better catch.”

https://stream.org/former-college-football-player-and-marine-catches-toddler-dropped-from-balcony-of-burning-apartment/

Offline aligncare

The most important catch of his life.

Unfortunately, the mother died saving her son.  8888crybaby

No stronger love exists than that of a mother for her offspring.

Offline Hoodat

I saw an NFL football do this once.  After catching the baby, he got caught up in the moment and took off running down the street.  After reaching the end of the block, he did a touchdown dance and spiked the ball.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's like dad's old league softball games I remember when I was a kid.

'I got it I got it I got it, nope you got it!'
The Republic is lost.