Author Topic: ‘I’m… At A Loss For Words’: The Unraveling Narrative Behind The Atlantic’s Defund-The-Police ‘Shooti  (Read 156 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 â€˜I’m… At A Loss For Words’: The Unraveling Narrative Behind The Atlantic’s Defund-The-Police ‘Shooting’ Tale
A powerful story published by The Atlantic has a serious problem: proof it ever happened.

By Christopher Bedford
July 16, 2020

When social justice activist and lawyer Derecka Purnell was just 12 years old, she and her sister watched a police officer shoot a young boy in a city recreation center because he had ignored the basketball sign-in sheet. This jarring, emotional, and deeply unsettling story was published July 6 at The Atlantic, in the section reserved for ideas, under the bold, attention-grabbing headline, “How I Became a Police Abolitionist.”

Purnell’s deeply personal story of shattered innocence and shattered bones at the end of a policeman’s gun was shared widely among top journalists and activists. “I started her article thinking abolition was impossible and ending thinking it must happen,” the president of a social justice think tank at Harvard wrote on Twitter, quoting his mother. “This is a beautifully written piece,” the Atlantic’s constitutional law editor agreed. “Derecka is the future,” an activist journalism executive declared.

There’s a major problem with Purnell’s story, however. Based on a Federalist investigation of newspaper archives and the police department records, and questions to The Atlantic, the police union, and the office of the mayor, it does not appear to have ever happened.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/16/im-at-a-loss-for-words-the-unraveling-narrative-behind-the-atlantics-defund-the-police-shooting-tale/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

When will "journalists" learn that "Too Good to Factcheck" leads to bad editorial decisions? Though I wonder if most "journalists" are too deeply committed to Narrative Uber Alles to give a @#$% about being caught publishing agendized lies.

While Trump is the current target of these journalists, their lying will not cease when Trump is off the scene, whenever that happens.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:57:58 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

Well, if a white euopean congress critter can clam to be Native American and seize opportunities based on it... why can't a story teller make up a tale or two.
A white woman claimed to be black and rose to the top of NAACP, then why does what a "journalist" print have to be true?