Author Topic: Justin Amash not seeking congressional reelection bid  (Read 535 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justin Amash not seeking congressional reelection bid
« on: July 17, 2020, 01:02:22 pm »
Justin Amash not seeking congressional reelection bid
by Kerry Picket, Senior Campaign Reporter
 | July 17, 2020 08:42 AM

Rep. Justin Amash, who mulled over running for the White House earlier in the year, will not run for reelection.

"I love representing our community in Congress. I always will," the Michigan Libertarian tweeted Thursday night. "This is my choice, but I’m still going to miss it. Thank you for your trust."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justin-amash-not-seeking-congressional-reelection-bid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Justin Amash not seeking congressional reelection bid
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 02:46:50 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 05:42:18 pm »
Trying to rebuild his imports biz?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dancer

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 09:14:54 am »
He isn't running because his district now hates him.  He jumped the shark when he came out against Trump.  He's a deep state critter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 07:08:37 pm »
He isn't running because his district now hates him.  He jumped the shark when he came out against Trump.  He's a deep state critter.

Yeah that's how it works now.  If you aren't part of the Trump network your out.  We would rather now have Liberals turned Republicans to save their political career.  Like Jeff Van Drew.   Deep state liberal promoted by Trump.  Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club endorsed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 12:39:17 am »
Yeah that's how it works now.  If you aren't part of the Trump network your out.  We would rather now have Liberals turned Republicans to save their political career.  Like Jeff Van Drew.   Deep state liberal promoted by Trump.  Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club endorsed.

Don't be stupid.  None of that is in play.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 12:41:15 am »
This is absolutely heartbreaking news; I am crushed!   :rolling:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dancer

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 12:52:37 am »
He votes, doesn't he?  He votes against the wishes of those who elected him.  China owns Amash. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 01:03:48 am »
Guess he's not getting those checks from the CCP anymore.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 01:16:22 am »
This is good news for the GOP, making the election of a GOP Rep more likely.  Amash remaining in the race as 3rd party would have drawn votes away from the GOP candidate.  Primary election is Aug 4.  Winner will face Dem candidate Hillary Scholten in November.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline MoMo

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 02:08:29 am »
Amash was never nothing more than another &NT wet dream

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 02:45:16 am »
With one of the most conservative members of Congress now getting shoved out the door, the choice will be between Left and Lefter.

But please tell me we have a choice. *****rollingeyes*****
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2020, 03:12:40 am »
With one of the most conservative members of Congress now getting shoved out the door, the choice will be between Left and Lefter.

Please cite the proof of "shoved out the door.

OTOH I see yet another overly ambitious 3rd party kook, out over their skis too far.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2020, 03:14:42 pm »
...  Like Jeff Van Drew.   Deep state liberal promoted by Trump.  Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club endorsed.

@Chosen Daughter, Van Drew is a Representative for New Jersey. Justin Amash is a Representative for Michigan, half a continent away from Van Drew. Why are you threadjacking?

Lynn Afendoulis is running for the seat. She is Pro-Life, opposes illegal immigration, and is pro-Second Amendment, https://lynnafendoulis.com/issues/ .

Joe Farrington is running for the seat. His campaign website has no info on his positions, https://farrington4congress.com , might not be a serious candidate.

Peter Meijer is running for the seat. He is Pro-Life, appears to oppose illegal immigration, and is pro-Second Amendment, https://www.votemeijer.com/issues .

Tom Norton is running for the seat. He is Pro-Life and is pro-Second Amendment, https://tom.gop/issues/ .

Emily Rafi is running for the seat as an R, though she is a former Dem (very recent party change). Her campaign website says little about her positions except for, "Emily Rafi unequivocally supports President Trump & will be honored to work with him if she is elected to Congress," https://www.rafiforcongress.com . She claims, "She recognizes that the destructive impeachment agenda of the Democratic Party is entirely politically motivated." I doubt she is a leader among the R candidates if her single-page website is an indicator of the scale of her campaign.

Other than probably supporting the unopposed Dem candidate, "Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club" do not appear to be players in the  Michigan 3rd Congressional District election. So invoking "Planned Parenthood and Sierra Club" was just more threadjackery.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 03:16:59 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.