Author Topic: Texas Democrats aim to ride Biden coattails to big House seat pickups  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Democrats aim to ride Biden coattails to big House seat pickups
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | July 17, 2020 10:35 AM

President Trump and Joe Biden's slugfest isn't the only competitive race in Texas this fall.

As the presumptive presidential nominees argue over whether the traditionally ruby-red state will be a battleground this 2020 election cycle, contests in an increasing number of congressional districts are tightening less than four months out from Nov. 3.

The Cook Political Report, an independent outlet, lists Texas's 22nd and 24th districts as Republican toss-ups after Republican Reps. Pete Olson and Kenny Marchant announced they're retiring after this year. On Friday, they added Republican Rep. Chip Roy's seat in Texas's 21st District.

While Democrats are defending Reps. Lizzie Fletcher and Colin Allred in Texas's 7th and 32nd districts, Texas's 23rd District presents the party's best pick-up opportunity after Republican Rep. Will Hurd revealed he wouldn't be seeking reelection. Hurd's district, spanning a swath of the United States-Mexico border running hundreds of miles, now leans Democrat.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/texas-democrats-aim-to-ride-biden-coattails-to-big-house-seat-pickups
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
 999yawn
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien