Author Topic: Andrew Sullivan: I’m A Critic Of Critical Race Theory So I’ve Been Shown The Door  (Read 194 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Andrew Sullivan: I’m A Critic Of Critical Race Theory So I’ve Been Shown The Door

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/07/17/andrew-sullivan-im-critic-critical-race-theory-ive-shown-door/

On the same day that Bari Weiss announced she was resigning her job at the NY Times, Andrew Sullivan announced he was leaving New York Magazine which is now owned by Vox Media. Today Sullivan published his farewell column at the site in which he says he has not been cancelled but also says he was let go because people who work for the company no longer want to be associated with a critic of critical race theory.

What has happened, I think, is relatively simple: A critical mass of the staff and management at New York Magazine and Vox Media no longer want to associate with me, and, in a time of ever tightening budgets, I’m a luxury item they don’t want to afford. And that’s entirely their prerogative. They seem to believe, and this is increasingly the orthodoxy in mainstream media, that any writer not actively committed to critical theory in questions of race, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity is actively, physically harming co-workers merely by existing in the same virtual space. Actually attacking, and even mocking, critical theory’s ideas and methods, as I have done continually in this space, is therefore out of sync with the values of Vox Media. That, to the best of my understanding, is why I’m out of here.

To me it looks like a race. Will the Prog Ultra-Orthodox achieve the Stalinistic mono-vocal party-line media they seek to enforce? Or will enough liberals and Progressives like Sullivan and Weiss crash into their threshold of pain to bring down the Prog Ultra-Orthodoxy?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Some Liberals are starting to 'get it'. These are not nice progressive people dedicated to 'equality'.
These are people who intend to dismantle America, and to install a new 'race-based' militant hierarchy which has nothing to do with equality. It is about exclusion, superiority, and domination. It is about establishing a 'caste system' in America.

As Obama said, they intend to 'fundamentally change' America to its core. And I do not believe that the "White Devils" have a place in their new vision. If rich successful White Liberals think they will retain their wealth and position in the New America, then they are bigger fools than even I imagined them to be. And it will not matter who you are or if you supported them or not.

How many Jews fanatically supported Hitler (many) thinking they would keep them safe. Once the fire is lit, nobody is safe, including so many Black people, Hispanics, and others. This race thing is getting crazy out-of-control.

Even White people and people of all races who are 'liberal-think progressives' will not be spared when the fire starts. They think they will now. But they are incorrect as we have seen a hundred times in history.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Pete wonders:
"Will the Prog Ultra-Orthodox achieve the Stalinistic mono-vocal party-line media they seek to enforce? Or will enough liberals and Progressives like Sullivan and Weiss crash into their threshold of pain to bring down the Prog Ultra-Orthodoxy?"

The communists' standard operating procedure was to continually cleanse their ranks of those who were suspected of deviating from the party line. Often their "victims" had done nothing "wrong" (i.e., against the party orthodoxy), the leadership just needed someone with which to "make an example". Purge after purge after purge. "Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime."

Again, getting rid of the Weisses and Sullivans is to be expected, in the "forever forward" march of marxism...