Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces bill to guarantee law and order  (Read 407 times)

rangerrebew

Ted Cruz introduces bill to guarantee law and order
« on: July 14, 2020, 11:07:09 am »

Republicans are taking a stand against Democratic lawmakers who think they can deny citizens their right to law and order and then get a bailout to cover the damages.

First, President Trump rejected Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s request for $500 million to cover damages caused by the riots over George Floyd’s death. Now, Texas Senator Ted Cruz has announced that he is introducing a law to make local governments liable to property tax payers if they deliberately fail to provide law and order.

https://www.conservativecardinal.com/ted-cruz-introduces-bill-to-guarantee-law-and-order/

Offline EdinVA

Re: Ted Cruz introduces bill to guarantee law and order
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 11:18:51 am »
Yea, not a fan.... MN has an issue they need to resolve.. congress needs to stay out of it.
When businesses can no longer get insurance and homeowner insurance goes thru the roof, people will lean to use their vote wisely...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:00:53 pm »

Republicans are taking a stand against Democratic lawmakers who think they can deny citizens their right to law and order and then get a bailout to cover the damages.

First, President Trump rejected Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s request for $500 million to cover damages caused by the riots over George Floyd’s death. Now, Texas Senator Ted Cruz has announced that he is introducing a law to make local governments liable to property tax payers if they deliberately fail to provide law and order.

https://www.conservativecardinal.com/ted-cruz-introduces-bill-to-guarantee-law-and-order/

@rangerrebew

OUCH!

You KNOW that is going to leave a mark on a group of critters who have spent their entire lives spending other people's money.

Hell,this might cut into their own personal "kickbacks".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 02:02:32 pm »
Yea, not a fan.... MN has an issue they need to resolve.. congress needs to stay out of it.
When businesses can no longer get insurance and homeowner insurance goes thru the roof, people will lean to use their vote wisely...

@EdinVA

You don't really think 90+ percent of the people rioting actually buy insurance,own homes,or even work for their money,do you?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 02:08:50 pm »
@EdinVA

You don't really think 90+ percent of the people rioting actually buy insurance,own homes,or even work for their money,do you?

@sneakypete.... sure, they gotta protect their job in the event peace breaks out....
No, I was talking about the lack of businesses/jobs because they cannot get insurance...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 02:56:45 pm »
@sneakypete.... sure, they gotta protect their job in the event peace breaks out....
No, I was talking about the lack of businesses/jobs because they cannot get insurance...

@EdinVA

The rioters don't give a damn about jobs. They are either living off of trust funds or welfare,so it's no concern of theirs.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 03:00:01 pm »
I'm I alone in thinking that it would have been absurd, unheard of,  that a US Senator would even have to introduce a bill that would "guarantee law and order?"

I guess that is where we are now...........

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 03:16:50 pm »
I'm I alone in thinking that it would have been absurd, unheard of,  that a US Senator would even have to introduce a bill that would "guarantee law and order?"

Maybe west of the Mississippi in 1876. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.