Author Topic: 10 Times Barack Obama Acknowledged That DACA Was Unconstitutional  (Read 156 times)

rangerrebew

10 Times Barack Obama Acknowledged That DACA Was Unconstitutional
By Matt Margolis Jun 18, 2020 1:44 PM EST

On Thursday afternoon, Obama praised the Supreme Court’s ruling that Trump’s ending of DACA was illegal. “Eight years ago this week, we protected young people who were raised as part of our American family from deportation,” Obama tweeted. “Today, I’m happy for them, their families, and all of us.”

I can still remember when Barack Obama was campaigning in 2008, claiming to be the cure to unconstitutional abuses of power he claimed were systemic in the Bush administration. “I take the Constitution very seriously,” he claimed. “The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all.”

“And that is what I intend to reverse when I become president of the United States,” Obama promised.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2020/06/18/10-times-barack-obama-acknowledged-that-daca-was-unconstitutional-n547099